- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
About Sports Out West
Our fearless leader grew up in Southern California as a die-hard fan of the Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, and San Francisco 49ers. Over the years, he became frustrated with the lack of national coverage for the teams he cared about most.
The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox dominated the radio and television airwaves, and he developed a disdain toward the heavy East Coast bias that existed in sports.
Then in 2012, he decided to do something about it and conceptualized Sports Out West, an all-encompassing sports site that highlighted anything to do with professional sports in the Pacific Time Zone.
Our aim is to give you the coverage your teams deserve and sprinkle in a healthy dose of those other teams the four-letter network just can’t get enough of.
The end product? Sports coverage with a West Coast bias and national perspective — think of it as a “Bizzaro” world of national sports coverage where the teams out west get most of the love.
Either way, we’re here to deliver the best in sports coverage directly to you. We’re glad you’re here.
Thanks for checking us out!
Sports Out West Editorial Staff
Follow @SportsWestCoast on Twitter
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks - March 7, 2014