The Los Angeles Clippers will look get their fourth-straight win Wednesday night when they host the Atlanta Hawks, hoping to build timely momentum heading into All Star Weekend.
After winning their last three on the road — most recently an impressive 88-72 victory over the Utah Jazz — the Clippers come home to match up against a Hawks squad they defeated by 10 points in Atlanta on Jan. 23.
L.A. is a 3-point favorite, with the total set at 211.5.
AccuScore Sim Data vs Vegas Odds
Just given the recent stretch on the road and the fact that L.A. comes home for just this matchup prior to ASW makes the -3 highly attractive. They did just beat the same team in their arena a few weeks back.
Sim data via AccuScore has them covering the -3 spread over 64 percent of the time, a four-star (out of four) hot trend.
- Atlanta is 1-5 against the spread (ATS) in their last six matchup vs. Pacific Division teams.
- The Hawks are also 1-4 ATS in their last five games after an ATS win. They’re coming off a 109-104 OT victory in Portland.
- The Clippers are 8-1 ATS in their last nine matchups playing on 1 day’s rest.
What to Watch For
Point Forward: With the absence of Chris Paul, forward Blake Griffin has stepped up his production across the board in the recent four-game stretch. Over the last four, he’s averaging 26 points, 7.5 assists and 10.3 rebounds per.
Over the last two weeks in February, only Griffin and Russell Westbrook average at least 25 points, nine rebounds and five assists. He’s coming off a 26-point performance in Utah, but what’s been the biggest help to the team is his ability to set others up.
AccuScore simulations project Griffin to finish with 21 points (8-16 FG), 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal and 3 TOs vs Atlanta.
Strong February: Tim Hardaway Jr. heads into Wednesday night’s matchup with four 20-plus-point games in the month of February. He had 25 up in Portland.
AccuScore simulations project Hardaway to finish with 14 pts vs the Clippers.
The following two tabs change content below.
LA Clippers beat writer
Rohit is an L.A.-based sports journalist who contributes to SB Nation's Silver Screen and Roll, AccuScore, and the Taxi Squad Show based out of Utah. He also runs his own sports blog, Metta Chronicles. Follow him on Twitter @RohitGhosh where he discusses AccuScore projection data, a variety of sports-related topics, and even some Jazz music.
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- Clippers’ Brice Johnson, Sindarius Thornwell spoil Lonzo Ball’s summer league debut with come-from-behind 96-93 OT victory - July 8, 2017
- Milos Teodosic signs two-year, $12.3 million deal with the Los Angeles Clippers - July 6, 2017
- Los Angeles Clippers looking to add Danilo Gallinari in 3-way sign-and-trade, per sources - July 4, 2017