- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
Glenn Dorsey injury: 49ers nose tackle likely out for 2014 season
- Updated: August 3, 2014
According to ESPN, San Francisco 49er defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey is expected to miss the entire upcoming NHL season due to a torn biceps suffered last week in training camp. ESPN published the report, saying only a source had relayed the information to ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter.
Dorsey injured his arm Friday and left the field immediately, spending a considerable amount of time conferring with trainers and medical staff while on the sidelines.
Dorsey was picked fifth overall by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2008 draft, where he spent his first five seasons toiling in relative anonymity. In his first year with the 49ers last season, Dorsey made an immediate impact as a run-stuffing presence in the middle, starting 13 games and pitching in two sacks. He will be a free agent at the end of this coming season.
Dorsey’s injury is a blow to the middle of the 49ers defense, a squad that is still coming to terms with the absence of linebacker NaVorro Bowman. Second-year player Quinton Dial is penciled in to take over for Dorsey, and Ian Williams, injured in last season’s second game, is a potential replacement later this year.
The 49ers open their season September 7 at Dallas.
Photo Credit: Associated Press
Latest posts by Ray Hartjen (see all)
- Raiders GM says team is open to trading out of pick - April 29, 2015
- Dodgers place Yasiel Puig on 15-Day DL - April 29, 2015
- Brent Burns’ move to D a bust - April 26, 2015