- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Glenn Dorsey injury: 49ers nose tackle likely out for 2014 season
- Updated: August 3, 2014
According to ESPN, San Francisco 49er defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey is expected to miss the entire upcoming NHL season due to a torn biceps suffered last week in training camp. ESPN published the report, saying only a source had relayed the information to ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter.
Dorsey injured his arm Friday and left the field immediately, spending a considerable amount of time conferring with trainers and medical staff while on the sidelines.
Dorsey was picked fifth overall by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2008 draft, where he spent his first five seasons toiling in relative anonymity. In his first year with the 49ers last season, Dorsey made an immediate impact as a run-stuffing presence in the middle, starting 13 games and pitching in two sacks. He will be a free agent at the end of this coming season.
Dorsey’s injury is a blow to the middle of the 49ers defense, a squad that is still coming to terms with the absence of linebacker NaVorro Bowman. Second-year player Quinton Dial is penciled in to take over for Dorsey, and Ian Williams, injured in last season’s second game, is a potential replacement later this year.
The 49ers open their season September 7 at Dallas.
Photo Credit: Associated Press
Latest posts by Ray Hartjen (see all)
- Report: 49ers release Ray McDonald after new allegations - December 17, 2014
- San Jose Sharks’ holiday wish list - December 17, 2014
- Sharks’ 2-0 win over Preds further builds identity - December 14, 2014