- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Glenn Dorsey injury: 49ers nose tackle likely out for 2014 season
- Updated: August 3, 2014
According to ESPN, San Francisco 49er defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey is expected to miss the entire upcoming NHL season due to a torn biceps suffered last week in training camp. ESPN published the report, saying only a source had relayed the information to ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter.
Dorsey injured his arm Friday and left the field immediately, spending a considerable amount of time conferring with trainers and medical staff while on the sidelines.
Dorsey was picked fifth overall by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2008 draft, where he spent his first five seasons toiling in relative anonymity. In his first year with the 49ers last season, Dorsey made an immediate impact as a run-stuffing presence in the middle, starting 13 games and pitching in two sacks. He will be a free agent at the end of this coming season.
Dorsey’s injury is a blow to the middle of the 49ers defense, a squad that is still coming to terms with the absence of linebacker NaVorro Bowman. Second-year player Quinton Dial is penciled in to take over for Dorsey, and Ian Williams, injured in last season’s second game, is a potential replacement later this year.
The 49ers open their season September 7 at Dallas.
Photo Credit: Associated Press
Latest posts by Ray Hartjen (see all)
- Coaching carousel continues to turn - May 20, 2015
- A’s believe in Stephen Vogt - May 17, 2015
- Todd McLellan to get long look by Toronto Maple Leafs - May 13, 2015