- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Glenn Dorsey injury: 49ers nose tackle likely out for 2014 season
- Updated: August 3, 2014
According to ESPN, San Francisco 49er defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey is expected to miss the entire upcoming NHL season due to a torn biceps suffered last week in training camp. ESPN published the report, saying only a source had relayed the information to ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter.
Dorsey injured his arm Friday and left the field immediately, spending a considerable amount of time conferring with trainers and medical staff while on the sidelines.
Dorsey was picked fifth overall by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2008 draft, where he spent his first five seasons toiling in relative anonymity. In his first year with the 49ers last season, Dorsey made an immediate impact as a run-stuffing presence in the middle, starting 13 games and pitching in two sacks. He will be a free agent at the end of this coming season.
Dorsey’s injury is a blow to the middle of the 49ers defense, a squad that is still coming to terms with the absence of linebacker NaVorro Bowman. Second-year player Quinton Dial is penciled in to take over for Dorsey, and Ian Williams, injured in last season’s second game, is a potential replacement later this year.
The 49ers open their season September 7 at Dallas.
Photo Credit: Associated Press
Latest posts by Ray Hartjen (see all)
- Russell Wilson nets $31.7 million guaranteed at signing - August 1, 2015
- Raiders camp news: Sio Moore starts out on PUP - July 29, 2015
- Sharks Player Profile: Timo Meier - July 26, 2015