- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time
- Updated: July 23, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers can exhale as one of their two possible holdouts has reported to training camp on time.
Niner’s safety C.J. Spillman tweeted out this Instagram video of Vernon Davis arriving in the locker room and being greeted by his teammates, putting to rest any idea that Davis was not going to show.
While the team will still have to wait and see how Alex Boone‘s situation plays out, having Davis in the fold is a relief. The tight end plays a large role in what the 49ers do on offense, and not having him present could have put them behind the eight ball in terms of preparation for the season.
Davis, who no doubt still hopes to rework his deal at some point, is entering his ninth season in the NFL (all with San Francisco). He led the 49ers in touchdown receptions with 13 in 2013, and is currently tied for fifth all-time in touchdown catches by a tight end with 53.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 3 primer: Can the Niners rebound after a tough loss? - September 19, 2014
- Is Colin Kaepernick’s play in the fourth quarter a concern? - September 17, 2014
- 49ers Week 2 primer: Niners set to open new home against Bears - September 10, 2014