- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time
- Updated: July 23, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers can exhale as one of their two possible holdouts has reported to training camp on time.
Niner’s safety C.J. Spillman tweeted out this Instagram video of Vernon Davis arriving in the locker room and being greeted by his teammates, putting to rest any idea that Davis was not going to show.
While the team will still have to wait and see how Alex Boone‘s situation plays out, having Davis in the fold is a relief. The tight end plays a large role in what the 49ers do on offense, and not having him present could have put them behind the eight ball in terms of preparation for the season.
Davis, who no doubt still hopes to rework his deal at some point, is entering his ninth season in the NFL (all with San Francisco). He led the 49ers in touchdown receptions with 13 in 2013, and is currently tied for fifth all-time in touchdown catches by a tight end with 53.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 16 primer: Playing for pride - December 19, 2014
- 49ers Week 15 primer: It could get ugly in Seattle - December 12, 2014
- 49ers Week 14 primer: Playoffs start now - December 5, 2014