- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time
- Updated: July 23, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers can exhale as one of their two possible holdouts has reported to training camp on time.
Niner’s safety C.J. Spillman tweeted out this Instagram video of Vernon Davis arriving in the locker room and being greeted by his teammates, putting to rest any idea that Davis was not going to show.
While the team will still have to wait and see how Alex Boone‘s situation plays out, having Davis in the fold is a relief. The tight end plays a large role in what the 49ers do on offense, and not having him present could have put them behind the eight ball in terms of preparation for the season.
Davis, who no doubt still hopes to rework his deal at some point, is entering his ninth season in the NFL (all with San Francisco). He led the 49ers in touchdown receptions with 13 in 2013, and is currently tied for fifth all-time in touchdown catches by a tight end with 53.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images