- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time
- Updated: July 23, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers can exhale as one of their two possible holdouts has reported to training camp on time.
Niner’s safety C.J. Spillman tweeted out this Instagram video of Vernon Davis arriving in the locker room and being greeted by his teammates, putting to rest any idea that Davis was not going to show.
While the team will still have to wait and see how Alex Boone‘s situation plays out, having Davis in the fold is a relief. The tight end plays a large role in what the 49ers do on offense, and not having him present could have put them behind the eight ball in terms of preparation for the season.
Davis, who no doubt still hopes to rework his deal at some point, is entering his ninth season in the NFL (all with San Francisco). He led the 49ers in touchdown receptions with 13 in 2013, and is currently tied for fifth all-time in touchdown catches by a tight end with 53.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers need more production out of their star players on offense - October 22, 2014
- 49ers Week 7 primer: Can a banged up defense keep up with Peyton Manning? - October 17, 2014
- Colin Kaepernick takes a big step forward in 49ers’ Week 6 win - October 15, 2014