- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time
- Updated: July 23, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers can exhale as one of their two possible holdouts has reported to training camp on time.
Niner’s safety C.J. Spillman tweeted out this Instagram video of Vernon Davis arriving in the locker room and being greeted by his teammates, putting to rest any idea that Davis was not going to show.
While the team will still have to wait and see how Alex Boone‘s situation plays out, having Davis in the fold is a relief. The tight end plays a large role in what the 49ers do on offense, and not having him present could have put them behind the eight ball in terms of preparation for the season.
Davis, who no doubt still hopes to rework his deal at some point, is entering his ninth season in the NFL (all with San Francisco). He led the 49ers in touchdown receptions with 13 in 2013, and is currently tied for fifth all-time in touchdown catches by a tight end with 53.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers were prepared for roster turnover - March 27, 2015
- The 49ers have dropped the ball when it comes to drafting wide receivers - March 20, 2015
- San Francisco 49ers offseason 2015: Addition of veterans will help aid in transition - March 17, 2015