- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Updated: July 18, 2014
“Big Baby” opted out after last season after earning $1.4 million in hopes of earning a larger, long-term deal. He was clear that his preference was to stay with the Clippers, though he didn’t earn the payday he was looking for.
The seven-year veteran averaged 4.2 points and 3.0 rebounds per game in 23 games with the Clippers under his former head coach Doc Rivers. Along with newcomer Spencer Hawes, Davis will bring some added depth to a frontcourt that lacked such a season ago. If Davis can stay healthy, his return on the team’s investment can be high.
When looking at the big picture in terms of per-minute production, Davis isn’t far off from his career averages. He put up 11.2 points per 36 minutes to go along with 8.1 rebounds. His career marks of 13.8 and 7.5 indicate production consistent with what he’s done throughout his career.
His job is to be a solid backup, which is what the numbers show he can still be. The Clips brought him back for that very reason.
Photo Credit: Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015