- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Warriors news: team signs Brandon Rush to two-year, $2.5 million deal
- Updated: July 16, 2014
The contract holds a player option for the second season.
Rush was sent to the Utah Jazz last July in a salary dump along with Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins to make space so that the team could acquire Andre Iguodala. In the 2013-14 season he was limited to just 36 games played due to lingering issues with his left knee that he had surgery on a few months prior to the beginning of the year to repair a torn ACL.
The 29-year-old had his most productive seasons with the Warriors as he averaged career-bests in points (9.8), 3-point percentage (45.2), field goal percentage (50.1), and assists (1.4) in the 2011-12 season. In his second stint with the team, Rush is likely be the backup shooting guard behind Klay Thompson.
This free agency period, Golden State has already signed Shaun Livingston to a three-year, $16.6 million contract. The team is also rumored to still be in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love, but talks have stalled due to the Warriors’ unwillingness to include Thompson in any deal.
Photo Credit: Jason O. Watson/USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 37: Oregon survives upset bid, Seahawks win Super Bowl rematch - September 22, 2014
- Should the Lakers sign Michael Beasley? - September 21, 2014
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014