- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
Warriors news: team signs Brandon Rush to two-year, $2.5 million deal
- Updated: July 16, 2014
The contract holds a player option for the second season.
Rush was sent to the Utah Jazz last July in a salary dump along with Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins to make space so that the team could acquire Andre Iguodala. In the 2013-14 season he was limited to just 36 games played due to lingering issues with his left knee that he had surgery on a few months prior to the beginning of the year to repair a torn ACL.
The 29-year-old had his most productive seasons with the Warriors as he averaged career-bests in points (9.8), 3-point percentage (45.2), field goal percentage (50.1), and assists (1.4) in the 2011-12 season. In his second stint with the team, Rush is likely be the backup shooting guard behind Klay Thompson.
This free agency period, Golden State has already signed Shaun Livingston to a three-year, $16.6 million contract. The team is also rumored to still be in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love, but talks have stalled due to the Warriors’ unwillingness to include Thompson in any deal.
Photo Credit: Jason O. Watson/USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie expected to miss season - October 30, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 109-90 loss to Rockets - October 29, 2014
- Kobe Bryant excited for season opener vs. Rockets - October 28, 2014