- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Warriors news: team signs Brandon Rush to two-year, $2.5 million deal
- Updated: July 16, 2014
The contract holds a player option for the second season.
Rush was sent to the Utah Jazz last July in a salary dump along with Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins to make space so that the team could acquire Andre Iguodala. In the 2013-14 season he was limited to just 36 games played due to lingering issues with his left knee that he had surgery on a few months prior to the beginning of the year to repair a torn ACL.
The 29-year-old had his most productive seasons with the Warriors as he averaged career-bests in points (9.8), 3-point percentage (45.2), field goal percentage (50.1), and assists (1.4) in the 2011-12 season. In his second stint with the team, Rush is likely be the backup shooting guard behind Klay Thompson.
This free agency period, Golden State has already signed Shaun Livingston to a three-year, $16.6 million contract. The team is also rumored to still be in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love, but talks have stalled due to the Warriors’ unwillingness to include Thompson in any deal.
Photo Credit: Jason O. Watson/USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 99-93 loss to Grizzlies - November 27, 2014
- Lakers nearing a one-year deal with forward Earl Clark - November 26, 2014
- Xavier Henry injury: Lakers forward out for season with torn Achilles - November 26, 2014