- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Warriors news: team signs Brandon Rush to two-year, $2.5 million deal
- Updated: July 16, 2014
The contract holds a player option for the second season.
Rush was sent to the Utah Jazz last July in a salary dump along with Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins to make space so that the team could acquire Andre Iguodala. In the 2013-14 season he was limited to just 36 games played due to lingering issues with his left knee that he had surgery on a few months prior to the beginning of the year to repair a torn ACL.
The 29-year-old had his most productive seasons with the Warriors as he averaged career-bests in points (9.8), 3-point percentage (45.2), field goal percentage (50.1), and assists (1.4) in the 2011-12 season. In his second stint with the team, Rush is likely be the backup shooting guard behind Klay Thompson.
This free agency period, Golden State has already signed Shaun Livingston to a three-year, $16.6 million contract. The team is also rumored to still be in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love, but talks have stalled due to the Warriors’ unwillingness to include Thompson in any deal.
Photo Credit: Jason O. Watson/USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers are facing an uncertain future - February 1, 2015
- Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak expects Kobe Bryant to return next season - January 30, 2015
- Pau Gasol gets standing ovation in return to Los Angeles - January 30, 2015