- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
Warriors news: team signs Brandon Rush to two-year, $2.5 million deal
- Updated: July 16, 2014
The contract holds a player option for the second season.
Rush was sent to the Utah Jazz last July in a salary dump along with Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins to make space so that the team could acquire Andre Iguodala. In the 2013-14 season he was limited to just 36 games played due to lingering issues with his left knee that he had surgery on a few months prior to the beginning of the year to repair a torn ACL.
The 29-year-old had his most productive seasons with the Warriors as he averaged career-bests in points (9.8), 3-point percentage (45.2), field goal percentage (50.1), and assists (1.4) in the 2011-12 season. In his second stint with the team, Rush is likely be the backup shooting guard behind Klay Thompson.
This free agency period, Golden State has already signed Shaun Livingston to a three-year, $16.6 million contract. The team is also rumored to still be in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love, but talks have stalled due to the Warriors’ unwillingness to include Thompson in any deal.
Photo Credit: Jason O. Watson/USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 18: Floyd Mayweather tops Manny Pacquiao, Clippers get past Spurs - May 5, 2015
- Lakers keeping a keen eye on Kevin Love’s situation with Cavaliers - May 3, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 17: Yasiel Puig to DL, Sharks part ways with Todd McLellan - April 27, 2015