- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
2014 NBA Draft: Memphis Grizzles select UCLA guard Jordan Adams
- Updated: June 26, 2014
El SEGUNDO, CALIF– Former UCLA guard Jordan Adams was taken by the Memphis Grizzles on Thursday night with the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
In his two seasons at UCLA, Adams averaged 16.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. In the 2013-14 season he set UCLA’s single-season steals record with 95, was selected to the All-Pac-12 first team, and earned an honorable mention to the All-Pac-12 Defensive Team. He also led the Pac-12 in steals for the second consecutive year, and ranked sixth in the nation in steals per game.
He was the 50th player in UCLA history to eclipse 1,000 points scored, and did it in the seventh-fewest total of games (62) of any player in the program’s illustrious history. Adam began the season scoring in double digits in the first 11 games, and reached double figures in 20 out of the first 21 contests.
Adams is a shooting guard who has the ability to shot from the outside and is a decent defender. Adams was projected by many draft experts to be taken in the mid-20 picks. As a member of the Grizzles, he will likely compete with Courtney Lee for starting job at shooting guard.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 4: Kobe Bryant expected to miss rest of season, Team Irvin wins Pro Bowl - January 26, 2015
- 5 things we learned Lakers’ 99-87 loss to Rockets - January 26, 2015
- Kobe Bryant’s health will dictate how he ends his career - January 25, 2015