- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
2014 NBA Draft: Memphis Grizzles select UCLA guard Jordan Adams
- Updated: June 26, 2014
El SEGUNDO, CALIF– Former UCLA guard Jordan Adams was taken by the Memphis Grizzles on Thursday night with the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
In his two seasons at UCLA, Adams averaged 16.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. In the 2013-14 season he set UCLA’s single-season steals record with 95, was selected to the All-Pac-12 first team, and earned an honorable mention to the All-Pac-12 Defensive Team. He also led the Pac-12 in steals for the second consecutive year, and ranked sixth in the nation in steals per game.
He was the 50th player in UCLA history to eclipse 1,000 points scored, and did it in the seventh-fewest total of games (62) of any player in the program’s illustrious history. Adam began the season scoring in double digits in the first 11 games, and reached double figures in 20 out of the first 21 contests.
Adams is a shooting guard who has the ability to shot from the outside and is a decent defender. Adams was projected by many draft experts to be taken in the mid-20 picks. As a member of the Grizzles, he will likely compete with Courtney Lee for starting job at shooting guard.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 9: UCLA adds Tom Bradley as new DC, Inglewood passes NFL stadium initiative - March 2, 2015
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015