- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
2014 NBA Draft: Memphis Grizzles select UCLA guard Jordan Adams
- Updated: June 26, 2014
El SEGUNDO, CALIF– Former UCLA guard Jordan Adams was taken by the Memphis Grizzles on Thursday night with the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
In his two seasons at UCLA, Adams averaged 16.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. In the 2013-14 season he set UCLA’s single-season steals record with 95, was selected to the All-Pac-12 first team, and earned an honorable mention to the All-Pac-12 Defensive Team. He also led the Pac-12 in steals for the second consecutive year, and ranked sixth in the nation in steals per game.
He was the 50th player in UCLA history to eclipse 1,000 points scored, and did it in the seventh-fewest total of games (62) of any player in the program’s illustrious history. Adam began the season scoring in double digits in the first 11 games, and reached double figures in 20 out of the first 21 contests.
Adams is a shooting guard who has the ability to shot from the outside and is a decent defender. Adams was projected by many draft experts to be taken in the mid-20 picks. As a member of the Grizzles, he will likely compete with Courtney Lee for starting job at shooting guard.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers must fix defensive problems - November 23, 2014
- Klay Thompson would’ve left school early to join Lakers - November 19, 2014
- Lakers Ryan Kelly to miss at least 6 weeks with torn hamstring - November 19, 2014