- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
2014 NBA Draft: Memphis Grizzles select UCLA guard Jordan Adams
- Updated: June 26, 2014
El SEGUNDO, CALIF– Former UCLA guard Jordan Adams was taken by the Memphis Grizzles on Thursday night with the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
In his two seasons at UCLA, Adams averaged 16.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. In the 2013-14 season he set UCLA’s single-season steals record with 95, was selected to the All-Pac-12 first team, and earned an honorable mention to the All-Pac-12 Defensive Team. He also led the Pac-12 in steals for the second consecutive year, and ranked sixth in the nation in steals per game.
He was the 50th player in UCLA history to eclipse 1,000 points scored, and did it in the seventh-fewest total of games (62) of any player in the program’s illustrious history. Adam began the season scoring in double digits in the first 11 games, and reached double figures in 20 out of the first 21 contests.
Adams is a shooting guard who has the ability to shot from the outside and is a decent defender. Adams was projected by many draft experts to be taken in the mid-20 picks. As a member of the Grizzles, he will likely compete with Courtney Lee for starting job at shooting guard.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015
- Mike Trout injury: MRI reveals no structural damage to wrist - July 29, 2015
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino, David Murphy, and David DeJesus - July 29, 2015