- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
2014 NBA Draft: Memphis Grizzles select UCLA guard Jordan Adams
- Updated: June 26, 2014
El SEGUNDO, CALIF– Former UCLA guard Jordan Adams was taken by the Memphis Grizzles on Thursday night with the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
In his two seasons at UCLA, Adams averaged 16.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. In the 2013-14 season he set UCLA’s single-season steals record with 95, was selected to the All-Pac-12 first team, and earned an honorable mention to the All-Pac-12 Defensive Team. He also led the Pac-12 in steals for the second consecutive year, and ranked sixth in the nation in steals per game.
He was the 50th player in UCLA history to eclipse 1,000 points scored, and did it in the seventh-fewest total of games (62) of any player in the program’s illustrious history. Adam began the season scoring in double digits in the first 11 games, and reached double figures in 20 out of the first 21 contests.
Adams is a shooting guard who has the ability to shot from the outside and is a decent defender. Adams was projected by many draft experts to be taken in the mid-20 picks. As a member of the Grizzles, he will likely compete with Courtney Lee for starting job at shooting guard.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 114-108 loss to Suns - October 22, 2014
- Lakers cut Jeremy Tyler, Keith Appling - October 21, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 41: Dodgers make front office change, Seahawks fall again - October 20, 2014