- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
49ers set to meet with Colin Kaepernick’s agents this week
- Updated: June 3, 2014
The Niners received $6.6 million in cap relief on June 1st, as former cornerback Carlos Rogers‘ contract was officially removed from the books. This will put the team about $8 million under the salary cap which is enough wiggle room to extend Kaepernick.
San Francisco has made no secret about the fact that keeping their quarterback in the fold long term is a high priority.
Via the Sacramento Bee:
“There’s really no one that competes with him in a workout situation,” said head coach Jim Harbaugh. “He will bury everybody. And then when somebody tries to compete with him, he ramps his competitiveness up, and somebody’s over their knee throwing up. He’s unbelievable. So you can tell I feel he’s a great player, a high priority.”
Kaepernick, who is due to make less than $1 million in base salary in 2014, has posted a 17-6 record as a starter during the regular season. He has also won four playoff games.
Photo: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Is Jim Tomsula just Jed York’s puppet? - January 15, 2015
- 49ers’ decision to pursue Adam Gase as head coach is misguided - January 13, 2015
- San Francisco 49ers 2014 team award winners - January 9, 2015