- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
49ers set to meet with Colin Kaepernick’s agents this week
- Updated: June 3, 2014
The Niners received $6.6 million in cap relief on June 1st, as former cornerback Carlos Rogers‘ contract was officially removed from the books. This will put the team about $8 million under the salary cap which is enough wiggle room to extend Kaepernick.
San Francisco has made no secret about the fact that keeping their quarterback in the fold long term is a high priority.
Via the Sacramento Bee:
“There’s really no one that competes with him in a workout situation,” said head coach Jim Harbaugh. “He will bury everybody. And then when somebody tries to compete with him, he ramps his competitiveness up, and somebody’s over their knee throwing up. He’s unbelievable. So you can tell I feel he’s a great player, a high priority.”
Kaepernick, who is due to make less than $1 million in base salary in 2014, has posted a 17-6 record as a starter during the regular season. He has also won four playoff games.
Photo: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers training camp: What’s the outlook at running back? - July 29, 2014
- Joe Torre reflects on decision to manage the Dodgers - July 26, 2014
- Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time - July 23, 2014