- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Jim Harbaugh won’t discuss Vernon Davis, Alex Boone contract situations
- Updated: May 30, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers have been without two key pieces of their offense during the team’s OTAs. Both tight end Vernon Davis and guard Alex Boone weren’t in attendance due to issues with their current contracts. They are each looking for extensions.
Although head coach Jim Harbaugh has been in contact with Davis and Boone, he’s not discussing their contract situations publicly due to the belief that it doesn’t benefit anyone to do so.
“Yeah, I know the reasons,” said Harbaugh. “(I’ve) talked to the players. If it comes to contracts and you want to talk about contracts, I’m not going to speak for another player. I’m not going to speak for another man and what they’re trying to get done with their contract.
“If they want to talk about it publicly, and they think it’s beneficial to talk about it publicly, then they’ll choose to do that. Certainly, you could have Vernon or Alex on the show and ask them or talk to their agent, if they think that’s something that’s beneficial. I choose to not do it.”
The 49ers will hold their mandatory minicamp June 17-19. It remains to be seen if Davis or Boone will partake, but if they choose to skip that as well they can be fined nearly $70,000 a piece.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers were prepared for roster turnover - March 27, 2015
- The 49ers have dropped the ball when it comes to drafting wide receivers - March 20, 2015
- San Francisco 49ers offseason 2015: Addition of veterans will help aid in transition - March 17, 2015