- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Jim Harbaugh won’t discuss Vernon Davis, Alex Boone contract situations
- Updated: May 30, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers have been without two key pieces of their offense during the team’s OTAs. Both tight end Vernon Davis and guard Alex Boone weren’t in attendance due to issues with their current contracts. They are each looking for extensions.
Although head coach Jim Harbaugh has been in contact with Davis and Boone, he’s not discussing their contract situations publicly due to the belief that it doesn’t benefit anyone to do so.
“Yeah, I know the reasons,” said Harbaugh. “(I’ve) talked to the players. If it comes to contracts and you want to talk about contracts, I’m not going to speak for another player. I’m not going to speak for another man and what they’re trying to get done with their contract.
“If they want to talk about it publicly, and they think it’s beneficial to talk about it publicly, then they’ll choose to do that. Certainly, you could have Vernon or Alex on the show and ask them or talk to their agent, if they think that’s something that’s beneficial. I choose to not do it.”
The 49ers will hold their mandatory minicamp June 17-19. It remains to be seen if Davis or Boone will partake, but if they choose to skip that as well they can be fined nearly $70,000 a piece.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers look to move on without Aldon Smith - August 29, 2014
- 49ers training camp 2014: How will the receiver battles play out? - August 27, 2014
- The pros and cons of giving Michael Crabtree a new contract - August 22, 2014