- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
Jim Harbaugh won’t discuss Vernon Davis, Alex Boone contract situations
- Updated: May 30, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers have been without two key pieces of their offense during the team’s OTAs. Both tight end Vernon Davis and guard Alex Boone weren’t in attendance due to issues with their current contracts. They are each looking for extensions.
Although head coach Jim Harbaugh has been in contact with Davis and Boone, he’s not discussing their contract situations publicly due to the belief that it doesn’t benefit anyone to do so.
“Yeah, I know the reasons,” said Harbaugh. “(I’ve) talked to the players. If it comes to contracts and you want to talk about contracts, I’m not going to speak for another player. I’m not going to speak for another man and what they’re trying to get done with their contract.
“If they want to talk about it publicly, and they think it’s beneficial to talk about it publicly, then they’ll choose to do that. Certainly, you could have Vernon or Alex on the show and ask them or talk to their agent, if they think that’s something that’s beneficial. I choose to not do it.”
The 49ers will hold their mandatory minicamp June 17-19. It remains to be seen if Davis or Boone will partake, but if they choose to skip that as well they can be fined nearly $70,000 a piece.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time - July 23, 2014
- 49ers training camp preview: 5 stories to watch - July 23, 2014
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’ - July 18, 2014