- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Jim Harbaugh won’t discuss Vernon Davis, Alex Boone contract situations
- Updated: May 30, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers have been without two key pieces of their offense during the team’s OTAs. Both tight end Vernon Davis and guard Alex Boone weren’t in attendance due to issues with their current contracts. They are each looking for extensions.
Although head coach Jim Harbaugh has been in contact with Davis and Boone, he’s not discussing their contract situations publicly due to the belief that it doesn’t benefit anyone to do so.
“Yeah, I know the reasons,” said Harbaugh. “(I’ve) talked to the players. If it comes to contracts and you want to talk about contracts, I’m not going to speak for another player. I’m not going to speak for another man and what they’re trying to get done with their contract.
“If they want to talk about it publicly, and they think it’s beneficial to talk about it publicly, then they’ll choose to do that. Certainly, you could have Vernon or Alex on the show and ask them or talk to their agent, if they think that’s something that’s beneficial. I choose to not do it.”
The 49ers will hold their mandatory minicamp June 17-19. It remains to be seen if Davis or Boone will partake, but if they choose to skip that as well they can be fined nearly $70,000 a piece.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Draymond Green announces he’s staying with Warriors - July 2, 2015
- Paul Pierce has agreement with Clippers, per report - July 2, 2015
- Raiders’ Amari Cooper endorses ex-teammate, 49ers’ DeAndrew White - July 1, 2015