- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
Jim Harbaugh won’t discuss Vernon Davis, Alex Boone contract situations
- Updated: May 30, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers have been without two key pieces of their offense during the team’s OTAs. Both tight end Vernon Davis and guard Alex Boone weren’t in attendance due to issues with their current contracts. They are each looking for extensions.
Although head coach Jim Harbaugh has been in contact with Davis and Boone, he’s not discussing their contract situations publicly due to the belief that it doesn’t benefit anyone to do so.
“Yeah, I know the reasons,” said Harbaugh. “(I’ve) talked to the players. If it comes to contracts and you want to talk about contracts, I’m not going to speak for another player. I’m not going to speak for another man and what they’re trying to get done with their contract.
“If they want to talk about it publicly, and they think it’s beneficial to talk about it publicly, then they’ll choose to do that. Certainly, you could have Vernon or Alex on the show and ask them or talk to their agent, if they think that’s something that’s beneficial. I choose to not do it.”
The 49ers will hold their mandatory minicamp June 17-19. It remains to be seen if Davis or Boone will partake, but if they choose to skip that as well they can be fined nearly $70,000 a piece.
Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 9 primer: Second half run begins with Rams - October 31, 2014
- Ahmad Brooks’ slow start should be a concern for the 49ers - October 29, 2014
- The emergence of Stevie Johnson gives the 49ers options heading into the future - October 24, 2014