- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Mark Jackson will re-join ESPN as analyst, work Heat vs. Pacers
- Updated: May 17, 2014
Mark Jackson will re-join ESPN as an NBA analyst beginning next week during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, according to ESPN.com.
The 17-year NBA veteran was dismissed by the Golden State Warriors following a 51-31 season and a first-round playoff exit in 2013-14 at the hands of the Los Angeles Clippers. Beyond the surface, multiple reports throughout the season suggested team turmoil and a lack of chemistry among the coaching staff, which could have ultimately led to his firing.
The Warriors have already moved on from Jackson and hired Steve Kerr, who is also coming off a stint as an NBA analyst with TNT. Like Jackson, Kerr has no head coaching experience, although he is a 17-year veteran himself as well as a five-time NBA champion.
In Jackson’s case, returning to the sidelines will give him an opportunity to remain close to the game while taking the time to decide if he’d like to pursue another opportunity. Per the report, his agreement with ESPN is for multiple years, so it’s conceivable he’ll be comfortable for the time being.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015