- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Mark Jackson will re-join ESPN as analyst, work Heat vs. Pacers
- Updated: May 17, 2014
Mark Jackson will re-join ESPN as an NBA analyst beginning next week during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, according to ESPN.com.
The 17-year NBA veteran was dismissed by the Golden State Warriors following a 51-31 season and a first-round playoff exit in 2013-14 at the hands of the Los Angeles Clippers. Beyond the surface, multiple reports throughout the season suggested team turmoil and a lack of chemistry among the coaching staff, which could have ultimately led to his firing.
The Warriors have already moved on from Jackson and hired Steve Kerr, who is also coming off a stint as an NBA analyst with TNT. Like Jackson, Kerr has no head coaching experience, although he is a 17-year veteran himself as well as a five-time NBA champion.
In Jackson’s case, returning to the sidelines will give him an opportunity to remain close to the game while taking the time to decide if he’d like to pursue another opportunity. Per the report, his agreement with ESPN is for multiple years, so it’s conceivable he’ll be comfortable for the time being.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015