- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Warriors’ Stephen Curry backs Mark Jackson
- Updated: May 4, 2014
Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors made a strong statement of support for embattled coach Mark Jackson after a close Game 7 defeat to the Los Angeles Clippers. He wants Jackson to return for another season.
“I’m ready to come to training camp next year with coach Jackson at the helm,” Curry told CSNBayArea.com post-game, immediately after the Warriors season was ended by a 126-121 loss in a game where Curry was often brilliant, scoring 30 points and dishing 9 assists.
Rumors concerning Jackson’s future with the club have been the topic of conversation around the Warriors the last month, despite the club’s success on the floor. In three seasons after coming in to coach a perennial loser, Jackson has a 121-109 record, with two consecutive appearances in the playoffs. This year, the Warriors were 51-31, with 24 victories coming on the road.
With summer vacation coming a littler earlier than hoped, all eyes and ears will be waiting for a decision from Warriors CEO Joe Lacob. It’s clear Jackson has the support of his players, including his best player. We’ll soon see if that’s good enough.
Photo Credit: USATSI