- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Warriors’ Stephen Curry backs Mark Jackson
- Updated: May 4, 2014
Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors made a strong statement of support for embattled coach Mark Jackson after a close Game 7 defeat to the Los Angeles Clippers. He wants Jackson to return for another season.
“I’m ready to come to training camp next year with coach Jackson at the helm,” Curry told CSNBayArea.com post-game, immediately after the Warriors season was ended by a 126-121 loss in a game where Curry was often brilliant, scoring 30 points and dishing 9 assists.
Rumors concerning Jackson’s future with the club have been the topic of conversation around the Warriors the last month, despite the club’s success on the floor. In three seasons after coming in to coach a perennial loser, Jackson has a 121-109 record, with two consecutive appearances in the playoffs. This year, the Warriors were 51-31, with 24 victories coming on the road.
With summer vacation coming a littler earlier than hoped, all eyes and ears will be waiting for a decision from Warriors CEO Joe Lacob. It’s clear Jackson has the support of his players, including his best player. We’ll soon see if that’s good enough.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Latest posts by Ray Hartjen (see all)
- Barclay Goodrow making a name for himself - December 21, 2014
- Report: 49ers release Ray McDonald after new allegations - December 17, 2014
- San Jose Sharks’ holiday wish list - December 17, 2014