- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
Warriors’ Stephen Curry backs Mark Jackson
- Updated: May 4, 2014
Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors made a strong statement of support for embattled coach Mark Jackson after a close Game 7 defeat to the Los Angeles Clippers. He wants Jackson to return for another season.
“I’m ready to come to training camp next year with coach Jackson at the helm,” Curry told CSNBayArea.com post-game, immediately after the Warriors season was ended by a 126-121 loss in a game where Curry was often brilliant, scoring 30 points and dishing 9 assists.
Rumors concerning Jackson’s future with the club have been the topic of conversation around the Warriors the last month, despite the club’s success on the floor. In three seasons after coming in to coach a perennial loser, Jackson has a 121-109 record, with two consecutive appearances in the playoffs. This year, the Warriors were 51-31, with 24 victories coming on the road.
With summer vacation coming a littler earlier than hoped, all eyes and ears will be waiting for a decision from Warriors CEO Joe Lacob. It’s clear Jackson has the support of his players, including his best player. We’ll soon see if that’s good enough.
Photo Credit: USATSI