- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
5 Candidates for Lakers head coach vacancy
- Updated: May 4, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers’ offseason this past week just got a little more interesting with Mike D’Antoni resigning as head coach after two seasons with the team.
This now puts Los Angeles in the position to hire its third head coach in the last four seasons as the team has struggled to find any consistency with either D’Antoni or Mike Brown during that span. With that said, this also gives the Lakers a chance to get a high-profile coach that they desire this offseason.
They are not expected to make a hire until possibly after the draft next month or during the free agency period in July at the soonest as the organization may want to use it is a bargaining chip to lure an elite player like LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony if they choose to opt of their contract this summer.
Here are five candidates for the Lakers’ head coach vacancy.