- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
5 Candidates for Lakers head coach vacancy
- Updated: May 4, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers’ offseason this past week just got a little more interesting with Mike D’Antoni resigning as head coach after two seasons with the team.
This now puts Los Angeles in the position to hire its third head coach in the last four seasons as the team has struggled to find any consistency with either D’Antoni or Mike Brown during that span. With that said, this also gives the Lakers a chance to get a high-profile coach that they desire this offseason.
They are not expected to make a hire until possibly after the draft next month or during the free agency period in July at the soonest as the organization may want to use it is a bargaining chip to lure an elite player like LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony if they choose to opt of their contract this summer.
Here are five candidates for the Lakers’ head coach vacancy.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 9: UCLA adds Tom Bradley as new DC, Inglewood passes NFL stadium initiative - March 2, 2015
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015