- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
5 Candidates for Lakers head coach vacancy
- Updated: May 4, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers’ offseason this past week just got a little more interesting with Mike D’Antoni resigning as head coach after two seasons with the team.
This now puts Los Angeles in the position to hire its third head coach in the last four seasons as the team has struggled to find any consistency with either D’Antoni or Mike Brown during that span. With that said, this also gives the Lakers a chance to get a high-profile coach that they desire this offseason.
They are not expected to make a hire until possibly after the draft next month or during the free agency period in July at the soonest as the organization may want to use it is a bargaining chip to lure an elite player like LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony if they choose to opt of their contract this summer.
Here are five candidates for the Lakers’ head coach vacancy.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 50: Marcus Mariota wins Heisman, Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan - December 15, 2014
- Can Jim Buss bring the Lakers back to prominence? - December 14, 2014
- Kobe Bryant loses it at Lakers practice, calls out players as ‘soft’ - December 12, 2014