- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
5 Candidates for Lakers head coach vacancy
- Updated: May 4, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers’ offseason this past week just got a little more interesting with Mike D’Antoni resigning as head coach after two seasons with the team.
This now puts Los Angeles in the position to hire its third head coach in the last four seasons as the team has struggled to find any consistency with either D’Antoni or Mike Brown during that span. With that said, this also gives the Lakers a chance to get a high-profile coach that they desire this offseason.
They are not expected to make a hire until possibly after the draft next month or during the free agency period in July at the soonest as the organization may want to use it is a bargaining chip to lure an elite player like LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony if they choose to opt of their contract this summer.
Here are five candidates for the Lakers’ head coach vacancy.