- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
VIDEO: Damian Lillard drills incredible buzzer-beater to oust Rockets
- Updated: May 3, 2014
Damian Lillard is a beast, and he showed as much when he drilled this beautiful look off a curl to lift the Portland Trail Blazers past the Houston Rockets in the opening round of the 2014 NBA playoffs.
What stands out is just how good of a look this was for Dame, especially since he was the most likely player to get the ball.
The Blazers looked like they were set for a trip to Houston in a Game 7 when Chandler Parsons came up with a loose ball beneath the basket and topped it off with a brilliant finish to put the Rockets up by two with less than a second remaining.
That’s when Lillard did his magic.
Head coach Terry Stotts also deserves credit for drawing this one up. Again, the spacing here was incredible and despite Lillard’s speed and elusiveness, there was a lot of space to get this shot off under the circumstances.
Here’s the shot from a different angle, courtesy of Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge:
And a look from courtside:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014