- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
VIDEO: Damian Lillard drills incredible buzzer-beater to oust Rockets
- Updated: May 3, 2014
Damian Lillard is a beast, and he showed as much when he drilled this beautiful look off a curl to lift the Portland Trail Blazers past the Houston Rockets in the opening round of the 2014 NBA playoffs.
What stands out is just how good of a look this was for Dame, especially since he was the most likely player to get the ball.
The Blazers looked like they were set for a trip to Houston in a Game 7 when Chandler Parsons came up with a loose ball beneath the basket and topped it off with a brilliant finish to put the Rockets up by two with less than a second remaining.
That’s when Lillard did his magic.
Head coach Terry Stotts also deserves credit for drawing this one up. Again, the spacing here was incredible and despite Lillard’s speed and elusiveness, there was a lot of space to get this shot off under the circumstances.
Here’s the shot from a different angle, courtesy of Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge:
And a look from courtside:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015