- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
VIDEO: Damian Lillard drills incredible buzzer-beater to oust Rockets
- Updated: May 3, 2014
Damian Lillard is a beast, and he showed as much when he drilled this beautiful look off a curl to lift the Portland Trail Blazers past the Houston Rockets in the opening round of the 2014 NBA playoffs.
What stands out is just how good of a look this was for Dame, especially since he was the most likely player to get the ball.
The Blazers looked like they were set for a trip to Houston in a Game 7 when Chandler Parsons came up with a loose ball beneath the basket and topped it off with a brilliant finish to put the Rockets up by two with less than a second remaining.
That’s when Lillard did his magic.
Head coach Terry Stotts also deserves credit for drawing this one up. Again, the spacing here was incredible and despite Lillard’s speed and elusiveness, there was a lot of space to get this shot off under the circumstances.
Here’s the shot from a different angle, courtesy of Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge:
And a look from courtside:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014