- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
VIDEO: Damian Lillard drills incredible buzzer-beater to oust Rockets
- Updated: May 3, 2014
Damian Lillard is a beast, and he showed as much when he drilled this beautiful look off a curl to lift the Portland Trail Blazers past the Houston Rockets in the opening round of the 2014 NBA playoffs.
What stands out is just how good of a look this was for Dame, especially since he was the most likely player to get the ball.
The Blazers looked like they were set for a trip to Houston in a Game 7 when Chandler Parsons came up with a loose ball beneath the basket and topped it off with a brilliant finish to put the Rockets up by two with less than a second remaining.
That’s when Lillard did his magic.
Head coach Terry Stotts also deserves credit for drawing this one up. Again, the spacing here was incredible and despite Lillard’s speed and elusiveness, there was a lot of space to get this shot off under the circumstances.
Here’s the shot from a different angle, courtesy of Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge:
And a look from courtside:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014