- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
VIDEO: Damian Lillard drills incredible buzzer-beater to oust Rockets
- Updated: May 3, 2014
Damian Lillard is a beast, and he showed as much when he drilled this beautiful look off a curl to lift the Portland Trail Blazers past the Houston Rockets in the opening round of the 2014 NBA playoffs.
What stands out is just how good of a look this was for Dame, especially since he was the most likely player to get the ball.
The Blazers looked like they were set for a trip to Houston in a Game 7 when Chandler Parsons came up with a loose ball beneath the basket and topped it off with a brilliant finish to put the Rockets up by two with less than a second remaining.
That’s when Lillard did his magic.
Head coach Terry Stotts also deserves credit for drawing this one up. Again, the spacing here was incredible and despite Lillard’s speed and elusiveness, there was a lot of space to get this shot off under the circumstances.
Here’s the shot from a different angle, courtesy of Ben Golliver of BlazersEdge:
And a look from courtside:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015