- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
James Worthy will represent Lakers at 2014 NBA Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 2, 2014
With the Los Angeles Lakers expected to have a top-10 pick in this year’s draft, the team announced on Wednesday that they will send former player and Hall of Famer James Worthy to represent them at the 2014 NBA Draft Lottery.
After being selected with the first overall pick in the 1982 draft, Worth spent his entire 12-year career with Los Angeles where he won three NBA titles. He earned the nickname “Big Game James” after his outstanding play in the series and his triple-double performance in the series-clinching Game 7 of the 1987 NBA Finals against the Detroit Pistons where he was named the Finals Most Valuable Player.
Worthy was also a seven-time All-Star, named as one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history during the league’s 50th anniversary in the 1996-97 season, and is one of nine players to have his jersey retired by the Lakers.
For the past two seasons Worthy has been a studio analyst for the Time Warner SportsNet Lakers broadcast and prior to that served for several years as an NBA analyst for KCBS-TV in Los Angeles.
The Lakers are heading into the offseason after posting a franchise-worst 27-55 regular record that placed them as the sixth lowest overall record in the league. Los Angeles has a 6.3 percent chance of obtaining the first overall pick and have a 43.9 percent chance of staying put at the sixth spot in this year’s draft order.
Watch below highlights from Worthy’s career:
Photo Credit: Phil McCarten/Invision for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences/AP Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Should the Lakers pursue Rajon Rondo? - April 26, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 16: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has surgery, Raiders sign Michael Crabtree - April 20, 2015
- Lakers set to embarking on crucial offseason - April 19, 2015