- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
James Worthy will represent Lakers at 2014 NBA Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 2, 2014
With the Los Angeles Lakers expected to have a top-10 pick in this year’s draft, the team announced on Wednesday that they will send former player and Hall of Famer James Worthy to represent them at the 2014 NBA Draft Lottery.
After being selected with the first overall pick in the 1982 draft, Worth spent his entire 12-year career with Los Angeles where he won three NBA titles. He earned the nickname “Big Game James” after his outstanding play in the series and his triple-double performance in the series-clinching Game 7 of the 1987 NBA Finals against the Detroit Pistons where he was named the Finals Most Valuable Player.
Worthy was also a seven-time All-Star, named as one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history during the league’s 50th anniversary in the 1996-97 season, and is one of nine players to have his jersey retired by the Lakers.
For the past two seasons Worthy has been a studio analyst for the Time Warner SportsNet Lakers broadcast and prior to that served for several years as an NBA analyst for KCBS-TV in Los Angeles.
The Lakers are heading into the offseason after posting a franchise-worst 27-55 regular record that placed them as the sixth lowest overall record in the league. Los Angeles has a 6.3 percent chance of obtaining the first overall pick and have a 43.9 percent chance of staying put at the sixth spot in this year’s draft order.
Watch below highlights from Worthy’s career:
Photo Credit: Phil McCarten/Invision for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences/AP Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015
- Angels’ Josh Hamilton faces MLB discipline - February 27, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ win 118-111 over Celtics - February 23, 2015