- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Los Angeles Clippers guard Jamal Crawford Reportedly Wins NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year Award
- Updated: April 30, 2014
When Chris Paul was asked earlier in April whether or not he thought Jamal Crawford was the league’s sixth man of the year, the seven-time all-star responded responded, “no question.” ESPN reported Wednesday afternoon that Crawford will be receiving his second Sixth Man of the Year award, making him just the fourth player in NBA history to win the award twice.
Crawford, who came off the bench for 45 games during the regular season, averaged 18.6 points per game this season. It is the highest scoring average for a sixth man since Crawford’s 18 during the 2009-2010 season with the Atlanta Hawks. Crawford averaged 20.6 points per game in the 23 games he started for the Clippers.
He was initially set to receive the award prior to game five against the Golden State Warriors, but the ceremony was intentionally delayed due to the Donald Sterling fiasco.
Other two-time NBA Sixth Man winners are Detlef Schrempf (1990-91, 1991-92), Ricky Pierce (1986-87, 1989-90) and Kevin McHale (1983-84, 1984-85). Since the award was introduced during the 1982-1983 season, only four award recipients have gone on to win a championship the same year. Crawford knows he must take his game to the next level in the NBA Playoffs to join the likes of Bobby Jones, Kevin McHale, Bill Walton and Toni Kukoc as the key bench player on a title team.
Photo Credit: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-100 win over Pelicans - December 7, 2014
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-107 win over Suns - November 16, 2014
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 106-102 win over Blazers - November 8, 2014