- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice
- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors: AccuScore Game 3 Preview
- Updated: April 24, 2014
AccuScore has the Los Angeles Clippers as slight 52.2 percent favorites to win game 3 of their best-of-seven series against the Golden State Warriors. The average score after 10,000 simulations is 106-104, with the Warriors having a 53.6 percent chance of covering the +3 spread. While the Warriors have a slightly higher chance at a close win (4 points or less), the Clippers have a fairly higher probability at getting a big win (10 points or more). Given the atmosphere expected at Oracle Arena, it’s safer to assume the game will stay close throughout. There is a 53.3 percent chance the total combined score goes under 212.
Projected Stats for Clippers Leaders
Blake Griffin: 20 points (50% FG), 10 rebounds, 3 assists
Chris Paul: 19 points (46% FG), 11 assists, 5 rebounds
Jamal Crawford: 14 points (41% FG), 3 assists
Projected Stats for Warriors Leaders
Stephen Curry: 24 points (3-7 three-pointers), 9 assists, 4 rebounds
David Lee: 16 points (51% FG), 10 rebounds, 1 steal
Klay Thompson: 16 points (42%), 3 rebounds, 1 steal
- The OVER is 9-2 in the last 11 meetings.
- The OVER is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Golden State.
- Home team is 7-2 ATS in the last 9 meetings.
- Clippers are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Golden State.
What to Watch For
The Clippers are in the top third of the league in forcing turnovers. The Warriors committed 26 turnovers in game 2, which led to 27 points off turnovers for the Clippers. The Warriors are in the bottom third of the league in turnovers per offensive play. Turnovers played a key role in AccuScore’s simulations of game 3 – a little over 50 percent of simulated winners won the turnover battle. Golden State averaged 3 turnovers more than the Clippers in the simulations.
Photo Credit: Rocky Widner/Getty Images
All projection data provided by AccuScore
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley, acquire Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica - August 26, 2014
- Blake Griffin on Steve Ballmer intro: ‘I literally had goose bumps’ - August 19, 2014
- Report: Los Angeles Clippers will work out Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden - August 5, 2014