- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Updated: April 22, 2014
Los Angeles Clippers guard Chris Paul was limited in practice on Tuesday due to a hamstring injury and will continue to be closely monitored by head coach Doc Rivers, according to Arash Markazi of ESPN.com.
The injury took place in Game 1 of the Clips’ first-round playoff series against the Golden State Warriors. Los Angeles fell 109-105 in that contest before coming back with a vengeance in Game 2 on Monday with a 40-point, 138-98 win.
With the series knotted up and headed to Oakland, the Clippers will use every bit of caution when it comes to ensuring CP3 is as healthy as possible.
“He won’t do much,” coach Doc Rivers said Tuesday. “He may do a little tomorrow but nothing today. We’re not doing anything today anyway, but I don’t need him doing anything.”
As far as nagging ailments in the middle of critical playoff series go, the timing for this one is relatively good.
Paul was able to rest on Monday because of the blowout, logging only 27 minutes. Game 3 isn’t until Thursday, so there’s plenty of time for the All-Star to get rest and treatment before testing it once again in the Bay Area.
Elsewhere on the injury front, guards Jamal Crawford (strained left calf muscle) and J.J. Redick (back) continue to show little signs of wear after dealing with injuries of their own at the tail end of the season.
Despite winning at home convincingly, the Warriors are a tough out on their home floor, where they went 27-14 during the regular season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014