- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
5 players the Lakers should eye in free agency
- Updated: April 20, 2014
As the Los Angeles Lakers head into the offseason there is much unknown surrounding the team in regards to the roster for next season.
The Lakers will have all but Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Robert Sacre set to become free agents this upcoming July with an influx of salary cap space to spend on players. This leaves them with several options terms on who they may target as a possible addition in a free agent class that may feature some big name players such as LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony if they choose opt out their contracts.
There are several directions the Lakers can go in terms of their roster. With that said, here are five players they should keep their eye on in free agency.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers must start D’Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson in backcourt - July 28, 2015
- Brandon Bass ready to “do all the little things” with Lakers - July 22, 2015
- Lou Williams eyeing ‘fresh start’ with Lakers - July 22, 2015