- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- Updated: April 16, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard is starting to reach superstar status off the court; we know this because his latest commercial features him poking fun at sports legends.
Sanders retired prematurely in many people’s minds at age 30. He eventually admitted losing year after year with the Detroit Lions took its toll on him. Webber nearly found glory with the Sacramento Kings, but the Los Angeles Lakers dynasty stood in his way.
Meanwhile, Karl Malone is perhaps the most well-known ringless player among the group. He was part of the Lakers’ super team featuring figure Hall of Famers Gary Payton, Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant that failed to defeat the Detroit Pistons in the 2004 NBA Finals. Instead of running away with the title, they were swept in Malone’s final chance at the Larry O’Brien Trophy.
Lillard may or may not earn a ring one day. If he didn’t, this commercial would be a bit of irony.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014