- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- Updated: April 16, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard is starting to reach superstar status off the court; we know this because his latest commercial features him poking fun at sports legends.
Sanders retired prematurely in many people’s minds at age 30. He eventually admitted losing year after year with the Detroit Lions took its toll on him. Webber nearly found glory with the Sacramento Kings, but the Los Angeles Lakers dynasty stood in his way.
Meanwhile, Karl Malone is perhaps the most well-known ringless player among the group. He was part of the Lakers’ super team featuring figure Hall of Famers Gary Payton, Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant that failed to defeat the Detroit Pistons in the 2004 NBA Finals. Instead of running away with the title, they were swept in Malone’s final chance at the Larry O’Brien Trophy.
Lillard may or may not earn a ring one day. If he didn’t, this commercial would be a bit of irony.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014