- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- Updated: April 16, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard is starting to reach superstar status off the court; we know this because his latest commercial features him poking fun at sports legends.
Sanders retired prematurely in many people’s minds at age 30. He eventually admitted losing year after year with the Detroit Lions took its toll on him. Webber nearly found glory with the Sacramento Kings, but the Los Angeles Lakers dynasty stood in his way.
Meanwhile, Karl Malone is perhaps the most well-known ringless player among the group. He was part of the Lakers’ super team featuring figure Hall of Famers Gary Payton, Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant that failed to defeat the Detroit Pistons in the 2004 NBA Finals. Instead of running away with the title, they were swept in Malone’s final chance at the Larry O’Brien Trophy.
Lillard may or may not earn a ring one day. If he didn’t, this commercial would be a bit of irony.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015