- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- Updated: April 16, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard is starting to reach superstar status off the court; we know this because his latest commercial features him poking fun at sports legends.
Sanders retired prematurely in many people’s minds at age 30. He eventually admitted losing year after year with the Detroit Lions took its toll on him. Webber nearly found glory with the Sacramento Kings, but the Los Angeles Lakers dynasty stood in his way.
Meanwhile, Karl Malone is perhaps the most well-known ringless player among the group. He was part of the Lakers’ super team featuring figure Hall of Famers Gary Payton, Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant that failed to defeat the Detroit Pistons in the 2004 NBA Finals. Instead of running away with the title, they were swept in Malone’s final chance at the Larry O’Brien Trophy.
Lillard may or may not earn a ring one day. If he didn’t, this commercial would be a bit of irony.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014