- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- Updated: April 16, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard is starting to reach superstar status off the court; we know this because his latest commercial features him poking fun at sports legends.
Sanders retired prematurely in many people’s minds at age 30. He eventually admitted losing year after year with the Detroit Lions took its toll on him. Webber nearly found glory with the Sacramento Kings, but the Los Angeles Lakers dynasty stood in his way.
Meanwhile, Karl Malone is perhaps the most well-known ringless player among the group. He was part of the Lakers’ super team featuring figure Hall of Famers Gary Payton, Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant that failed to defeat the Detroit Pistons in the 2004 NBA Finals. Instead of running away with the title, they were swept in Malone’s final chance at the Larry O’Brien Trophy.
Lillard may or may not earn a ring one day. If he didn’t, this commercial would be a bit of irony.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014