- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- Updated: April 13, 2014
LOS ANGELES — As the Los Angeles Lakers finish the final stretch of this disappointing season, big decisions in terms of the roster lie ahead of them.
This offseason, the Lakers will have plenty of cap space to play with as they have only Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and Robert Sacre under contract for the 2014-15 season. This leaves Los Angeles with 11 players set to become free agents with nine as unrestricted, and two other holding either a player (Nick Young) and team (Kendall Marshall) option.
With that said, here are five players that Los Angeles must keep next season.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015
- Angels’ Josh Hamilton faces MLB discipline - February 27, 2015