- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- Updated: April 13, 2014
LOS ANGELES — As the Los Angeles Lakers finish the final stretch of this disappointing season, big decisions in terms of the roster lie ahead of them.
This offseason, the Lakers will have plenty of cap space to play with as they have only Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and Robert Sacre under contract for the 2014-15 season. This leaves Los Angeles with 11 players set to become free agents with nine as unrestricted, and two other holding either a player (Nick Young) and team (Kendall Marshall) option.
With that said, here are five players that Los Angeles must keep next season.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers must start D’Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson in backcourt - July 28, 2015
- Brandon Bass ready to “do all the little things” with Lakers - July 22, 2015
- Lou Williams eyeing ‘fresh start’ with Lakers - July 22, 2015