- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Los Angeles Clippers vs Minnesota Timberwolves: AccuScore Preview
- Updated: March 31, 2014
AccuScore has the Los Angeles Clippers as slight 57.7 percent favorites to win Monday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The average score after 10,000 simulations is 109-106, with Minnesota having a 50.6 percent chance of covering the +3.5 spread. While both teams have a fairly equal probability at a close win (4 points or less), the Clippers have nearly three times the chance of the Timberwolves at a big win (10 points or more).
Keep in mind, these simulations were done with a healthy Blake Griffin in the lineup. At the time of publishing, Blake Griffin was listed as a game-time-decision.
Blake Griffin shooting at practice today. Game time decision because of back spasms. pic.twitter.com/FpzQr7f1fp
— Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) March 31, 2014
Blake Griffin: 22 points (53% FG), 9 rebounds, 3 assists
Chris Paul: 17 points (48% FG), 10 assists, 5 rebounds
Kevin Love: 26 points (42% FG), 14 rebounds, 3 assists
Kevin Martin: 19 points (41% FG), 3 rebounds
What to Watch For
Minnesota is No. 25 in the league in bench production, averaging just 26.8 points per game. In Sunday’s loss against Brooklyn, the Timberwolves bench was outscored for the 50th time in 72 games. Unless Minnesota can match the firepower of the Jamal Crawford-led Clippers bench, Monday’s game will be the 51st time in 73 games in which their bench has been outscored.
Photo Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
All projection data provided by AccuScore
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers - January 16, 2015
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-100 win over Mavericks - January 10, 2015
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 127-91 win over 76ers - January 3, 2015