- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
Los Angeles Clippers vs Minnesota Timberwolves: AccuScore Preview
- Updated: March 31, 2014
AccuScore has the Los Angeles Clippers as slight 57.7 percent favorites to win Monday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The average score after 10,000 simulations is 109-106, with Minnesota having a 50.6 percent chance of covering the +3.5 spread. While both teams have a fairly equal probability at a close win (4 points or less), the Clippers have nearly three times the chance of the Timberwolves at a big win (10 points or more).
Keep in mind, these simulations were done with a healthy Blake Griffin in the lineup. At the time of publishing, Blake Griffin was listed as a game-time-decision.
Blake Griffin shooting at practice today. Game time decision because of back spasms. pic.twitter.com/FpzQr7f1fp
— Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) March 31, 2014
Blake Griffin: 22 points (53% FG), 9 rebounds, 3 assists
Chris Paul: 17 points (48% FG), 10 assists, 5 rebounds
Kevin Love: 26 points (42% FG), 14 rebounds, 3 assists
Kevin Martin: 19 points (41% FG), 3 rebounds
What to Watch For
Minnesota is No. 25 in the league in bench production, averaging just 26.8 points per game. In Sunday’s loss against Brooklyn, the Timberwolves bench was outscored for the 50th time in 72 games. Unless Minnesota can match the firepower of the Jamal Crawford-led Clippers bench, Monday’s game will be the 51st time in 73 games in which their bench has been outscored.
Photo Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
All projection data provided by AccuScore
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 107-92 win over Spurs - April 19, 2015
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets - March 15, 2015
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-99 win over Kings - February 21, 2015