- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Los Angeles Clippers vs Minnesota Timberwolves: AccuScore Preview
- Updated: March 31, 2014
AccuScore has the Los Angeles Clippers as slight 57.7 percent favorites to win Monday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The average score after 10,000 simulations is 109-106, with Minnesota having a 50.6 percent chance of covering the +3.5 spread. While both teams have a fairly equal probability at a close win (4 points or less), the Clippers have nearly three times the chance of the Timberwolves at a big win (10 points or more).
Keep in mind, these simulations were done with a healthy Blake Griffin in the lineup. At the time of publishing, Blake Griffin was listed as a game-time-decision.
Blake Griffin shooting at practice today. Game time decision because of back spasms. pic.twitter.com/FpzQr7f1fp
— Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) March 31, 2014
Blake Griffin: 22 points (53% FG), 9 rebounds, 3 assists
Chris Paul: 17 points (48% FG), 10 assists, 5 rebounds
Kevin Love: 26 points (42% FG), 14 rebounds, 3 assists
Kevin Martin: 19 points (41% FG), 3 rebounds
What to Watch For
Minnesota is No. 25 in the league in bench production, averaging just 26.8 points per game. In Sunday’s loss against Brooklyn, the Timberwolves bench was outscored for the 50th time in 72 games. Unless Minnesota can match the firepower of the Jamal Crawford-led Clippers bench, Monday’s game will be the 51st time in 73 games in which their bench has been outscored.
Photo Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
All projection data provided by AccuScore
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Clippers’ 99-89 loss to Blazers - October 25, 2014
- Clippers forward Reggie Bullock is prepared for bigger role - October 19, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Clippers’ 101-97 win over Jazz - October 18, 2014