- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
49ers’ Chris Culliver eyes starting role following rehab
- Updated: March 18, 2014
Fresh off a torn left ACL, Chris Culliver looks like starting material.
San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke told CSNBayArea.com on Monday:
“(Culliver) looks real good, and he’s working awfully hard. He’s at the facility every day and doing extra, and really doing a nice job. He’s matured a lot, both on the field and off the field, and it’s fun to watch.”
Baalke’s assessment was a best-case scenario, since no one knew if Culliver could recover the 4.32 burst after crippling his knee in a special teams walk-through on August 1, 2013. The sense he’s maturing off the field is encouraging too, considering his words regarding gay teammates prior to Super Bowl XLVII.
Since being drafted 80th overall in 2011, the 6-foot, 200-pound Culliver has played effectively in two seasons lacing the perimeter. But the college free safety will have his gloves full facing the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin full time, in addition to more responsibility in run support. His leash in the final year of his contract should be worth tracking, bearing in mind backups Eric Wright and Chris Cook share a combined 110 NFL starts.
Anyway, Culliver is dominating spring.
Photo Credit: Tim Dominick / Thestate.com
Latest posts by Rui Thomas (see all)
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’ - August 18, 2014
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp - August 18, 2014
- Raiders win thrilling(!) preseason game vs. Lions - August 16, 2014