- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Lamar Odom back injury expedites return to U.S. from Spain
- Updated: March 14, 2014
The ailment is has been deemed persistent enough to cause him to seek treatment back in the U.S., and his Spanish club Laboral Kutxa Baskonia granted his release. Odom signed a two-month contract which can be extended through the remainder of the Spanish League season if the team chooses.
But that will remain a major question mark as numerous issues on and off the floor have held Odom’s once-productive career in check.
The former NBA Sixth Man of the Year was attempting to return to the game after his NBA career was put on hold after numerous off-the-court issues including marital problems, involvement in a fatal car accident and the shooting death of a family member. With a renewed focus, his plan was to play in Europe for the remainder of the season with the intent to return to the NBA.
Now that his mindset may be in right place, the major question becomes whether or not his body will follow suit.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015