- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Lamar Odom back injury expedites return to U.S. from Spain
- Updated: March 14, 2014
The ailment is has been deemed persistent enough to cause him to seek treatment back in the U.S., and his Spanish club Laboral Kutxa Baskonia granted his release. Odom signed a two-month contract which can be extended through the remainder of the Spanish League season if the team chooses.
But that will remain a major question mark as numerous issues on and off the floor have held Odom’s once-productive career in check.
The former NBA Sixth Man of the Year was attempting to return to the game after his NBA career was put on hold after numerous off-the-court issues including marital problems, involvement in a fatal car accident and the shooting death of a family member. With a renewed focus, his plan was to play in Europe for the remainder of the season with the intent to return to the NBA.
Now that his mindset may be in right place, the major question becomes whether or not his body will follow suit.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports