- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Lamar Odom back injury expedites return to U.S. from Spain
- Updated: March 14, 2014
The ailment is has been deemed persistent enough to cause him to seek treatment back in the U.S., and his Spanish club Laboral Kutxa Baskonia granted his release. Odom signed a two-month contract which can be extended through the remainder of the Spanish League season if the team chooses.
But that will remain a major question mark as numerous issues on and off the floor have held Odom’s once-productive career in check.
The former NBA Sixth Man of the Year was attempting to return to the game after his NBA career was put on hold after numerous off-the-court issues including marital problems, involvement in a fatal car accident and the shooting death of a family member. With a renewed focus, his plan was to play in Europe for the remainder of the season with the intent to return to the NBA.
Now that his mindset may be in right place, the major question becomes whether or not his body will follow suit.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015