- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Seahawks Michael Bennett nearly joined his brother with the Bears
- Updated: March 12, 2014
Before Michael Bennett decided to re-sign with the Seattle Seahawks, all signs were pointing to him joining his brother, Martellus Bennett, in Chicago, according to Pro Football Talk. Martellus had shown his enthusiasm for playing with his brother, but Michael eventually had to break the hard news to his brother that he would be staying with the team he loves in Seattle.
“It was so hard to tell my brother that I was going to re-sign in Seattle,” Michael said. In the end, Martellus understood that Michael could not pass up the opportunity to stay with the Seahawks and build on the recent success of the team.
Bennett reportedly left money on the table by passing up the Bears’ offer to stay in Seattle with the defending league champions. Bennett signed four-year, $28.5 million contract with Seattle, and became the first Seahawk to take less money to stay with the team.
Bennett’s $7.125 million yearly average is also less than the $8.5 million yearly average given to Everson Griffen by the Minnesota Vikings. If the Seahawks can come away with more of these contract bargains, they will be in good position to continue their success.
Photo Credit: Rick Scuteri|AP
Latest posts by Matthew Fitzgerald (see all)
- Los Angeles Dodgers Hope to Overcome Recent Struggles - August 18, 2014
- Los Angeles Dodgers’ recent success puts them in perfect position - August 9, 2014
- Los Angeles Dodgers quiet as trade deadline passes - August 4, 2014