- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NFL free agency 2014: Golden Tate to visit Detroit Lions
- Updated: March 11, 2014
The wide receiver out of Notre Dame played out his rookie contract of four years, $3.4 million for the Seattle Seahawks and will now explore his value in the open market.
As far as the Seahawks are concerned, the acquisition of Percy Harvin last offseason makes Tate expendable to an extent. Harvin showed a glimpse of the dynamic playmaker he could be down the line for the ‘Hawks in their Super Bowl victory over the Denver Broncos on Feb. 2 with a spectacular return touchdown. With Tate slated to get a salary bump in the open market, it makes sense for both sides to part ways given the ‘Hawks limited cap space.
The Lions could use a threat underneath to provide more balance opposite superstar Calvin Johnson.
The Seahawks drafted Tate with the No. 60 overall pick in the second round of the 2010 NFL draft.
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Matt Slocum
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015