- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes
- Updated: March 7, 2014
It’s bad enough the Los Angeles Lakers and guard Jodie Meeks have endured an almost unbearable season, but it’s a whole other set of circumstances to get abused the way Meeks did on Friday night in the Mile High City when he
guarded attempted to guard Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson in transition.
The result was not good for the 6-foot-4 sharpshooter, and it was further indicative of the sadness surrounding the once-proud Lakers franchise.
As for the gloom-and-doom talk, L.A. is headed toward its worst season in franchise history, they’ve given up a franchise-worst 400 points over any three-game stretch (an other-worldly 133.3 points per game allowed!) and are headed for the 2014 NBA Draft lottery.
But this… This was just cruel.
Maybe Meeks shouldn’t feel too bad, however. Lawson’s gotten the best of the King himself, LeBron James, before:
And Corey Brewer (Lawson even broke his own ankles here):
The point is Ty Lawson is good at basketball and can make some of the best athletes in the world look lost. Meeks can take at least some comfort in that.
But then again after looking at it, maybe not.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014