- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes
- Updated: March 7, 2014
It’s bad enough the Los Angeles Lakers and guard Jodie Meeks have endured an almost unbearable season, but it’s a whole other set of circumstances to get abused the way Meeks did on Friday night in the Mile High City when he
guarded attempted to guard Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson in transition.
The result was not good for the 6-foot-4 sharpshooter, and it was further indicative of the sadness surrounding the once-proud Lakers franchise.
As for the gloom-and-doom talk, L.A. is headed toward its worst season in franchise history, they’ve given up a franchise-worst 400 points over any three-game stretch (an other-worldly 133.3 points per game allowed!) and are headed for the 2014 NBA Draft lottery.
But this… This was just cruel.
Maybe Meeks shouldn’t feel too bad, however. Lawson’s gotten the best of the King himself, LeBron James, before:
And Corey Brewer (Lawson even broke his own ankles here):
The point is Ty Lawson is good at basketball and can make some of the best athletes in the world look lost. Meeks can take at least some comfort in that.
But then again after looking at it, maybe not.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015