- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes
- Updated: March 7, 2014
It’s bad enough the Los Angeles Lakers and guard Jodie Meeks have endured an almost unbearable season, but it’s a whole other set of circumstances to get abused the way Meeks did on Friday night in the Mile High City when he
guarded attempted to guard Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson in transition.
The result was not good for the 6-foot-4 sharpshooter, and it was further indicative of the sadness surrounding the once-proud Lakers franchise.
As for the gloom-and-doom talk, L.A. is headed toward its worst season in franchise history, they’ve given up a franchise-worst 400 points over any three-game stretch (an other-worldly 133.3 points per game allowed!) and are headed for the 2014 NBA Draft lottery.
But this… This was just cruel.
Maybe Meeks shouldn’t feel too bad, however. Lawson’s gotten the best of the King himself, LeBron James, before:
And Corey Brewer (Lawson even broke his own ankles here):
The point is Ty Lawson is good at basketball and can make some of the best athletes in the world look lost. Meeks can take at least some comfort in that.
But then again after looking at it, maybe not.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014