- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes
- Updated: March 7, 2014
It’s bad enough the Los Angeles Lakers and guard Jodie Meeks have endured an almost unbearable season, but it’s a whole other set of circumstances to get abused the way Meeks did on Friday night in the Mile High City when he
guarded attempted to guard Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson in transition.
The result was not good for the 6-foot-4 sharpshooter, and it was further indicative of the sadness surrounding the once-proud Lakers franchise.
As for the gloom-and-doom talk, L.A. is headed toward its worst season in franchise history, they’ve given up a franchise-worst 400 points over any three-game stretch (an other-worldly 133.3 points per game allowed!) and are headed for the 2014 NBA Draft lottery.
But this… This was just cruel.
Maybe Meeks shouldn’t feel too bad, however. Lawson’s gotten the best of the King himself, LeBron James, before:
And Corey Brewer (Lawson even broke his own ankles here):
The point is Ty Lawson is good at basketball and can make some of the best athletes in the world look lost. Meeks can take at least some comfort in that.
But then again after looking at it, maybe not.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014