- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes
- Updated: March 7, 2014
It’s bad enough the Los Angeles Lakers and guard Jodie Meeks have endured an almost unbearable season, but it’s a whole other set of circumstances to get abused the way Meeks did on Friday night in the Mile High City when he
guarded attempted to guard Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson in transition.
The result was not good for the 6-foot-4 sharpshooter, and it was further indicative of the sadness surrounding the once-proud Lakers franchise.
As for the gloom-and-doom talk, L.A. is headed toward its worst season in franchise history, they’ve given up a franchise-worst 400 points over any three-game stretch (an other-worldly 133.3 points per game allowed!) and are headed for the 2014 NBA Draft lottery.
But this… This was just cruel.
Maybe Meeks shouldn’t feel too bad, however. Lawson’s gotten the best of the King himself, LeBron James, before:
And Corey Brewer (Lawson even broke his own ankles here):
The point is Ty Lawson is good at basketball and can make some of the best athletes in the world look lost. Meeks can take at least some comfort in that.
But then again after looking at it, maybe not.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014