AccuScore has the Los Angeles Clippers as solid 81.9 percent favorites to win Thursday night’s matchup with the Los Angeles Lakers. The average score after 10,000 simulations is 118-103, with the Clippers covering the -11 spread in nearly 60 percent of simulated games. Simply put, AccuScore expects a blowout in favor of LAC. The Clippers have nearly 13 times the chance of the Lakers to get a big win (10 points or more).
- The Clippers are 5-0 ATS (against the spread) in their last 5 games overall, and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against a team with a losing record.
- After allowing at least 125 points in a game, which the Lakers did Tuesday vs Pelicans, LAL is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The favorite is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 games between these 2 teams.
- The total has gone Over 10 times in the last 11 games between these 2 teams. Note: Nearly 58 percent of AccuScore simulations for this game had a total combined score under 225.
Blake Griffin: 29 points (55% FG), 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 turnovers
Chris Paul: 20 points (49% FG), 11 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 turnovers
Kent Bazemore: 18 points (41% FG), 4 assists, 4 rebounds
Pau Gasol: 16 points (51% FG), 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks
What to Watch For
In their last six games, the Lakers are giving up nearly 116 points per game. They’re ranked No. 29 in the league in defense and their only shot at keeping this game close is to be on fire from beyond the arc. LAL is projected to attempt nearly 6-7 more three-pointers than LAC. Either way, getting a win tonight for the Lakers is doubtful – especially considering how much more valuable losses are for lottery teams at this stage of the season.
|LA CLIPPERS||ATS RECORD||LA LAKERS||ATS RECORD||ATS EDGE|
|Record on the Road||17-15, 53% 200||Record at Home||10-19, 34% -900||LAC|
|VS LA Lakers||1-1, 50% -10||VS LA Clippers||1-1, 50% -10||EVEN|
|vs Team Under .500||20-6, 77% 1340||vs Team .500 or Better||8-27, 23% -2170||LAC|
|Record as Road Favorite||13-8, 62% 420||Record as Home Underdog||6-12, 33% -720||LAC|
|After 1 or More Days Off||28-20, 58% +600||After 1 or More Days Off||26-21, 55% +290||LAC|
Photo Credit: Noah Graham/NBAE via Getty Images
All projection data provided by AccuScore
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- Chris Paul’s technical down the stretch too much to overcome as Los Angeles Clippers lose 108-102 to the Minnesota Timberwolves - February 4, 2016
- Los Angeles Clippers defeat Chicago Bulls 120-93, Post Game Quotes - January 31, 2016
- Blake Griffin out another 4-6 weeks after injuring hand in altercation - January 27, 2016