- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Los Angeles Clippers vs Los Angeles Lakers: AccuScore Preview
- Updated: March 6, 2014
AccuScore has the Los Angeles Clippers as solid 81.9 percent favorites to win Thursday night’s matchup with the Los Angeles Lakers. The average score after 10,000 simulations is 118-103, with the Clippers covering the -11 spread in nearly 60 percent of simulated games. Simply put, AccuScore expects a blowout in favor of LAC. The Clippers have nearly 13 times the chance of the Lakers to get a big win (10 points or more).
- The Clippers are 5-0 ATS (against the spread) in their last 5 games overall, and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against a team with a losing record.
- After allowing at least 125 points in a game, which the Lakers did Tuesday vs Pelicans, LAL is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The favorite is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 games between these 2 teams.
- The total has gone Over 10 times in the last 11 games between these 2 teams. Note: Nearly 58 percent of AccuScore simulations for this game had a total combined score under 225.
Blake Griffin: 29 points (55% FG), 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 turnovers
Chris Paul: 20 points (49% FG), 11 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 turnovers
Kent Bazemore: 18 points (41% FG), 4 assists, 4 rebounds
Pau Gasol: 16 points (51% FG), 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks
What to Watch For
In their last six games, the Lakers are giving up nearly 116 points per game. They’re ranked No. 29 in the league in defense and their only shot at keeping this game close is to be on fire from beyond the arc. LAL is projected to attempt nearly 6-7 more three-pointers than LAC. Either way, getting a win tonight for the Lakers is doubtful – especially considering how much more valuable losses are for lottery teams at this stage of the season.
|LA CLIPPERS||ATS RECORD||LA LAKERS||ATS RECORD||ATS EDGE|
|Record on the Road||17-15, 53% 200||Record at Home||10-19, 34% -900||LAC|
|VS LA Lakers||1-1, 50% -10||VS LA Clippers||1-1, 50% -10||EVEN|
|vs Team Under .500||20-6, 77% 1340||vs Team .500 or Better||8-27, 23% -2170||LAC|
|Record as Road Favorite||13-8, 62% 420||Record as Home Underdog||6-12, 33% -720||LAC|
|After 1 or More Days Off||28-20, 58% +600||After 1 or More Days Off||26-21, 55% +290||LAC|
Photo Credit: Noah Graham/NBAE via Getty Images
All projection data provided by AccuScore
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-100 win over Pelicans - December 7, 2014
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-107 win over Suns - November 16, 2014
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 106-102 win over Blazers - November 8, 2014