- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Updated: March 3, 2014
If Jadeveon Clowney didn’t prove himself worthy of being the No. 1 pick in this year’s NFL draft after the combine, his former college teammate is conveying the message.
San Francisco 49ers running back Marcus Lattimore, Clowney’s teammate at South Carolina from 2011-12, talked about why the Houston Texans should draft him with the No. 1 overall pick in an interview with Sirius XM Radio Saturday.
“I don’t see why he wouldn’t go No. 1,” Lattimore said. “Why would you pass on a guy that can impact your team from Day 1? He’s a freak athlete, he can run like a deer and he’s powerful. He can get to the quarterback. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t take him No. 1.”
While Lattimore is spot on about Clowney impacting the Texans from Day 1, it’s possible they’ll still pass on him. It wouldn’t be for a lack of talent, though.
The Texans still don’t know who their quarterback is, so it makes more sense for them to draft a quarterback at No.1, rather than a defensive end.
If the Texans decide to draft him with the top selection, the potential combination of J.J. Watt and Clowney would be the most feared pairing in the NFL by far.
Houston needs to address the quarterback position first and foremost, but the thought of having a player like Clowney would make any organization salivate.
And they don’t need Marcus Lattimore to tell them that, either.
Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images
Latest posts by Steven Slivka (see all)
- Oakland Raiders making progress in NFL free agency - March 16, 2014
- Oakland Raiders Finally Get Some Good News After Reported Deal With Justin Tuck - March 13, 2014
- Oakland Raiders Having Terrible Start to NFL Free Agency - March 12, 2014