- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Adam Muema leaves NFL Combine early, “following God”
- Updated: February 24, 2014
The fourth day of the NFL Scouting Combine went underway on Sunday featuring the quarterback, wide receiver and running back positions. While some prospects have impressed with their results, others have left questions on whether their performance and/or physical will hinder them in the draft. One prospect who could really be hindered is former San Diego State running back, Adam Muema who left the NFL Scouting Combine on Sunday before on-field workouts.
Michael Gehlken from U-T San Diego was the first to report on Muema’s early departure.
“He said he was “following God,” who told him if he missed workouts, he’d play for the Seattle Seahawks.”
Muema who decided to forgo his senior year, is projected to be a fourth to seventh-round pick according to U-T San Diego. CBS Sports has him listed as the 30th-best running back and 433rd overall, which means he would definitely miss the cut for the latter of seventh-round. The fourth all-time lead rusher in San Diego State history, rushed for 1,244 yards and 15 touchdowns before declaring for the draft early this year. He has a career total of 2,955 rushing yards and 34 touchdowns.
Photo Credit: Kent C. Horner/Getty Images Sport
Latest posts by Laramee Bishop (see all)
- Chargers offensive line looking to improve - August 11, 2014
- Antonio Gates, Ladarius Green have ‘tight’ relationship - August 4, 2014
- Can the Padres still compete in 2014? - August 2, 2014