- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
Adam Muema leaves NFL Combine early, “following God”
- Updated: February 24, 2014
The fourth day of the NFL Scouting Combine went underway on Sunday featuring the quarterback, wide receiver and running back positions. While some prospects have impressed with their results, others have left questions on whether their performance and/or physical will hinder them in the draft. One prospect who could really be hindered is former San Diego State running back, Adam Muema who left the NFL Scouting Combine on Sunday before on-field workouts.
Michael Gehlken from U-T San Diego was the first to report on Muema’s early departure.
“He said he was “following God,” who told him if he missed workouts, he’d play for the Seattle Seahawks.”
Muema who decided to forgo his senior year, is projected to be a fourth to seventh-round pick according to U-T San Diego. CBS Sports has him listed as the 30th-best running back and 433rd overall, which means he would definitely miss the cut for the latter of seventh-round. The fourth all-time lead rusher in San Diego State history, rushed for 1,244 yards and 15 touchdowns before declaring for the draft early this year. He has a career total of 2,955 rushing yards and 34 touchdowns.
Photo Credit: Kent C. Horner/Getty Images Sport
Latest posts by Laramee Bishop (see all)
- Chargers offensive line looking to improve - August 11, 2014
- Antonio Gates, Ladarius Green have ‘tight’ relationship - August 4, 2014
- Can the Padres still compete in 2014? - August 2, 2014