- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Lakers news: G Kent Bazemore to start Sunday against Nets
- Updated: February 23, 2014
After scoring a career-high 15 points in his first game with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, guard/forward Kent Bazemore is set to make his first career start in Sunday’s game against the Brooklyn Nets, according to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register.
Lakers starters vs Nets: Marshall, Meeks, Bazemore, Johnson, Gasol. Nick Young makes return off the bench.
— Bill Oram (@bill_oram) February 23, 2014
Bazemore was a spark off the bench for the Lakers in Friday’s 101-92 win over on the Boston Celtics as his two 3-pointers late in the fourth quarter helped his team overcome a 13-point second-half deficit that snapped Los Angeles’ four-game losing streak.
The second-year guard was ecstatic after Friday’s game.
“My adrenaline is still going right now,” Bazemore said, who scored a career-high 15 points in his debut for the Lakers. “I feel great right now. Kobe [Bryant] walked in at the beginning of the game and he had me all focused on the game.
“It was crazy you don’t want to embarrass yourself in your first game and he is sitting back there in the locker room. That was in the back of mind the whole time that ‘Kobe is somewhere out there watching.’”
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- How will Jeremy Lin and Kobe Bryant fare in the same backcourt? - August 31, 2014
- Lakers work out Michael Beasley for 2nd time - August 27, 2014
- Kobe Bryant aiming to ‘max out’ time with Lakers - August 27, 2014