- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Lakers news: G Kent Bazemore to start Sunday against Nets
- Updated: February 23, 2014
After scoring a career-high 15 points in his first game with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, guard/forward Kent Bazemore is set to make his first career start in Sunday’s game against the Brooklyn Nets, according to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register.
Lakers starters vs Nets: Marshall, Meeks, Bazemore, Johnson, Gasol. Nick Young makes return off the bench.
— Bill Oram (@bill_oram) February 23, 2014
Bazemore was a spark off the bench for the Lakers in Friday’s 101-92 win over on the Boston Celtics as his two 3-pointers late in the fourth quarter helped his team overcome a 13-point second-half deficit that snapped Los Angeles’ four-game losing streak.
The second-year guard was ecstatic after Friday’s game.
“My adrenaline is still going right now,” Bazemore said, who scored a career-high 15 points in his debut for the Lakers. “I feel great right now. Kobe [Bryant] walked in at the beginning of the game and he had me all focused on the game.
“It was crazy you don’t want to embarrass yourself in your first game and he is sitting back there in the locker room. That was in the back of mind the whole time that ‘Kobe is somewhere out there watching.’”
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015
- Mike Trout injury: MRI reveals no structural damage to wrist - July 29, 2015
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino, David Murphy, and David DeJesus - July 29, 2015