- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Lakers news: G Kent Bazemore to start Sunday against Nets
- Updated: February 23, 2014
After scoring a career-high 15 points in his first game with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, guard/forward Kent Bazemore is set to make his first career start in Sunday’s game against the Brooklyn Nets, according to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register.
Lakers starters vs Nets: Marshall, Meeks, Bazemore, Johnson, Gasol. Nick Young makes return off the bench.
— Bill Oram (@bill_oram) February 23, 2014
Bazemore was a spark off the bench for the Lakers in Friday’s 101-92 win over on the Boston Celtics as his two 3-pointers late in the fourth quarter helped his team overcome a 13-point second-half deficit that snapped Los Angeles’ four-game losing streak.
The second-year guard was ecstatic after Friday’s game.
“My adrenaline is still going right now,” Bazemore said, who scored a career-high 15 points in his debut for the Lakers. “I feel great right now. Kobe [Bryant] walked in at the beginning of the game and he had me all focused on the game.
“It was crazy you don’t want to embarrass yourself in your first game and he is sitting back there in the locker room. That was in the back of mind the whole time that ‘Kobe is somewhere out there watching.’”
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 16: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has surgery, Raiders sign Michael Crabtree - April 20, 2015
- Lakers set to embarking on crucial offseason - April 19, 2015
- Lakers’ 2014-15 season exit interviews - April 16, 2015