- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Lakers news: G Kent Bazemore to start Sunday against Nets
- Updated: February 23, 2014
After scoring a career-high 15 points in his first game with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, guard/forward Kent Bazemore is set to make his first career start in Sunday’s game against the Brooklyn Nets, according to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register.
Lakers starters vs Nets: Marshall, Meeks, Bazemore, Johnson, Gasol. Nick Young makes return off the bench.
— Bill Oram (@bill_oram) February 23, 2014
Bazemore was a spark off the bench for the Lakers in Friday’s 101-92 win over on the Boston Celtics as his two 3-pointers late in the fourth quarter helped his team overcome a 13-point second-half deficit that snapped Los Angeles’ four-game losing streak.
The second-year guard was ecstatic after Friday’s game.
“My adrenaline is still going right now,” Bazemore said, who scored a career-high 15 points in his debut for the Lakers. “I feel great right now. Kobe [Bryant] walked in at the beginning of the game and he had me all focused on the game.
“It was crazy you don’t want to embarrass yourself in your first game and he is sitting back there in the locker room. That was in the back of mind the whole time that ‘Kobe is somewhere out there watching.’”
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak expects Kobe Bryant to return next season - January 30, 2015
- Pau Gasol gets standing ovation in return to Los Angeles - January 30, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 4: Kobe Bryant expected to miss rest of season, Team Irvin wins Pro Bowl - January 26, 2015