- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Lakers news: G Kent Bazemore to start Sunday against Nets
- Updated: February 23, 2014
After scoring a career-high 15 points in his first game with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, guard/forward Kent Bazemore is set to make his first career start in Sunday’s game against the Brooklyn Nets, according to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register.
Lakers starters vs Nets: Marshall, Meeks, Bazemore, Johnson, Gasol. Nick Young makes return off the bench.
— Bill Oram (@bill_oram) February 23, 2014
Bazemore was a spark off the bench for the Lakers in Friday’s 101-92 win over on the Boston Celtics as his two 3-pointers late in the fourth quarter helped his team overcome a 13-point second-half deficit that snapped Los Angeles’ four-game losing streak.
The second-year guard was ecstatic after Friday’s game.
“My adrenaline is still going right now,” Bazemore said, who scored a career-high 15 points in his debut for the Lakers. “I feel great right now. Kobe [Bryant] walked in at the beginning of the game and he had me all focused on the game.
“It was crazy you don’t want to embarrass yourself in your first game and he is sitting back there in the locker room. That was in the back of mind the whole time that ‘Kobe is somewhere out there watching.’”
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things learned from Lakers 104-103 loss to Thunder - December 20, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 50: Marcus Mariota wins Heisman, Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan - December 15, 2014
- Can Jim Buss bring the Lakers back to prominence? - December 14, 2014