- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
Glen Davis reportedly set to join Clippers
- Updated: February 23, 2014
Just days after his contract was bought out by the Orlando Magic, forward Glen Davis committed to signing with the Los Angeles Clippers once he clears his waivers and becomes a free agent. Davis was averaging 12.1 points and 6.3 rebounds per game before being cut by Orlando.
Source confirms that Glen Davis has committed to the Clippers once he clears waivers this afternoon at 5 eastern.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 23, 2014
Davis, who played under Doc Rivers from 2007-2011 in Boston, seems to be the odd man out in a Magic rotation that is looking to feature Tobias Harris, Andrew Nicholson and Kyle O’Quinn at the forward spots.
For the Clippers, the addition of Davis not only adds depth to the bench, but also serves as insurance in case Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan ever miss any extended period of time. Davis is strong, has the ability to face up and back down, and his familiarity with Doc’s system should make the transition seamless. Although Doc and Davis have had some issues in the past, most notably Doc’s jabs at Davis’s weight, there’s no doubt the Clippers can use a talent like Davis.
“I’ve heard of him,” Rivers said Sunday when asked about the possible addition of Davis. “We call him Baby Baby. … Whatever happens happens soon. I have a hunch. I do have a hunch but until everything is done I have no idea.”
Photo Credit: Lisa Blumenfeld/Getty Images North America
Want to win Clippers tickets? Follow these instructions in order to enter!
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Clippers’ 99-89 loss to Blazers - October 25, 2014
- Clippers forward Reggie Bullock is prepared for bigger role - October 19, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Clippers’ 101-97 win over Jazz - October 18, 2014