- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Glen Davis reportedly set to join Clippers
- Updated: February 23, 2014
Just days after his contract was bought out by the Orlando Magic, forward Glen Davis committed to signing with the Los Angeles Clippers once he clears his waivers and becomes a free agent. Davis was averaging 12.1 points and 6.3 rebounds per game before being cut by Orlando.
Source confirms that Glen Davis has committed to the Clippers once he clears waivers this afternoon at 5 eastern.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 23, 2014
Davis, who played under Doc Rivers from 2007-2011 in Boston, seems to be the odd man out in a Magic rotation that is looking to feature Tobias Harris, Andrew Nicholson and Kyle O’Quinn at the forward spots.
For the Clippers, the addition of Davis not only adds depth to the bench, but also serves as insurance in case Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan ever miss any extended period of time. Davis is strong, has the ability to face up and back down, and his familiarity with Doc’s system should make the transition seamless. Although Doc and Davis have had some issues in the past, most notably Doc’s jabs at Davis’s weight, there’s no doubt the Clippers can use a talent like Davis.
“I’ve heard of him,” Rivers said Sunday when asked about the possible addition of Davis. “We call him Baby Baby. … Whatever happens happens soon. I have a hunch. I do have a hunch but until everything is done I have no idea.”
Photo Credit: Lisa Blumenfeld/Getty Images North America
Want to win Clippers tickets? Follow these instructions in order to enter!
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-107 win over Suns - November 16, 2014
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 106-102 win over Blazers - November 8, 2014
- Portland Trail Blazers vs Los Angeles Clippers live game thread - November 8, 2014