- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Los Angeles Clippers vs Memphis Grizzlies: AccuScore Preview
- Updated: February 21, 2014
AccuScore has the Los Angeles Clippers as solid 62.5 percent favorites to win Friday night’s matchup with the Memphis Grizzlies. After 10,000 simulations, the average rounded score is 99-94, with there being just a 50.1 percent chance the total combined score goes over 193.5. The Clippers covered the -1.5 spread in nearly 60 percent of simulated games. Whereas the home team has a slightly higher probability at a close win (4 points or less), the Clippers have nearly three times the chance of the Grizzlies at a big win (10 points or more).
Blake Griffin: 23 points (52% FG), 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, 2 turnovers
Chris Paul: 15 points (47% FG), 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 turnovers
Zach Randolph: 15 points (46% FG), 10 rebounds (3 OREB), 2 assists, 2 turnovers
Mike Conley: 14 points (45% FG), 6 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers
|LA CLIPPERS||ATS RECORD||MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES||ATS RECORD||ATS EDGE|
|Record on the Road||14-14, 50% 0||Record at Home||15-14, 52% 100||Memphis Grizzlies|
|VS Memphis Grizzlies||1-1, 50% -10||VS LA Clippers||1-1, 50% -10||EVEN|
|vs Team .500 or Better||13-12, 52% -20||vs Team .500 or Better||10-15, 40% -650||LA Clippers|
|Record as Road Favorite||11-7, 61% 330||Record as Home Underdog||2-6, 25% -460||LA Clippers|
|After 1 or More Days Off||24-19, 56% +310||After 1 or More Days Off||18-24, 43% -840||LA Clippers|
What to Watch for
Blake Griffin’s Last 5 games? 35.2 PPG, 60.4% FG, 71.4% FT, 40% 3PT, 11.2RB, 3.8 AS, 2.4 TO and 3.4 PF in ~34.6 MN
— jose3030 (@jose3030) February 21, 2014
There’s no doubt that Blake Griffin is having his best season yet – finally adding components to his game in addition to his unstoppable athleticism. In the eleven regular season games the two have played against one another, Griffin has averaged just 15.7 ppg on 47.6 percent shooting. Anyone looking at those numbers knows that they are well below his potential, given how successfully he has led the Clippers this year with Chris Paul being injured.
Just as it took some time for LeBron James to get over the hurdle that was the Boston Celtics, expect Griffin to send a message Friday night in Memphis.
It’s tough not to go with AccuScore on this one – LAC is the better team and Griffin is the one with something to prove. Another sub-par game against Memphis will do nothing but bring Griffin’s confidence level back to square one – at least in my very humble opinion. The game is in Memphis – should be somewhat defense-heavy. 101-95, Clippers win.
Photo Credit: USA Today Sports
All projection data provided by AccuScore
Latest posts by Rohit Ghosh (see all)
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-100 win over Pelicans - December 7, 2014
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 120-107 win over Suns - November 16, 2014
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 106-102 win over Blazers - November 8, 2014