- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks to play against Rockets
- Updated: February 18, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday received some pleasant news for a change on the injury front as guard Jodie Meeks is set to play in Wednesday’s game against the Houston Rockets, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
NBA fans: Get your Lakers tickets today!
Meeks had been sidelined since Feb. 4 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves with a right ankle sprain that forced him to miss the last five games in which the team went 2-3.
The 26-year-old has been one of the Lakers’ lone bright spots this season as he is averaging career-highs across the board in points (14.4), assists (1.7), rebounds (2.8), minutes (32.6). field goal percentage (.449). and 3-point percentage (.403).
Prior to injury, Meeks had recorded 15 consecutive double-digit point outputs and was ranked 11th in the NBA with 106 3-pointers made.
The four-year veteran has made the most of his opportunity with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In his increased role with Los Angeles, Meeks has most notably improved his 3-point shooting as evident by him knocking down four or more attempts from beyond the arc in 10 games this season.
Jordan Farmar could also make his return to the floor for Wednesday’s game if he hamstring checks out fine in shootaround on Wednesday morning. Farmar has missed 28 games this season due to hamstring issues.
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 36: USC falls to BC, USA wins World Cup Gold - September 15, 2014
- Can Steve Nash be Lakers starting point guard? - September 14, 2014