- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks to play against Rockets
- Updated: February 18, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday received some pleasant news for a change on the injury front as guard Jodie Meeks is set to play in Wednesday’s game against the Houston Rockets, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
NBA fans: Get your Lakers tickets today!
Meeks had been sidelined since Feb. 4 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves with a right ankle sprain that forced him to miss the last five games in which the team went 2-3.
The 26-year-old has been one of the Lakers’ lone bright spots this season as he is averaging career-highs across the board in points (14.4), assists (1.7), rebounds (2.8), minutes (32.6). field goal percentage (.449). and 3-point percentage (.403).
Prior to injury, Meeks had recorded 15 consecutive double-digit point outputs and was ranked 11th in the NBA with 106 3-pointers made.
The four-year veteran has made the most of his opportunity with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In his increased role with Los Angeles, Meeks has most notably improved his 3-point shooting as evident by him knocking down four or more attempts from beyond the arc in 10 games this season.
Jordan Farmar could also make his return to the floor for Wednesday’s game if he hamstring checks out fine in shootaround on Wednesday morning. Farmar has missed 28 games this season due to hamstring issues.
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Vin Scully gets standing ovation at Dodger Stadium after announcing return - July 31, 2014
- LaMichael James injury: 49ers RB eyes season opener for return - July 31, 2014
- Lakers free agency rumors: Michael Beasley works out in L.A. - July 30, 2014