- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks to play against Rockets
- Updated: February 18, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday received some pleasant news for a change on the injury front as guard Jodie Meeks is set to play in Wednesday’s game against the Houston Rockets, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
NBA fans: Get your Lakers tickets today!
Meeks had been sidelined since Feb. 4 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves with a right ankle sprain that forced him to miss the last five games in which the team went 2-3.
The 26-year-old has been one of the Lakers’ lone bright spots this season as he is averaging career-highs across the board in points (14.4), assists (1.7), rebounds (2.8), minutes (32.6). field goal percentage (.449). and 3-point percentage (.403).
Prior to injury, Meeks had recorded 15 consecutive double-digit point outputs and was ranked 11th in the NBA with 106 3-pointers made.
The four-year veteran has made the most of his opportunity with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In his increased role with Los Angeles, Meeks has most notably improved his 3-point shooting as evident by him knocking down four or more attempts from beyond the arc in 10 games this season.
Jordan Farmar could also make his return to the floor for Wednesday’s game if he hamstring checks out fine in shootaround on Wednesday morning. Farmar has missed 28 games this season due to hamstring issues.
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers’ 2014-15 season exit interviews - April 16, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 122-99 loss to Kings - April 16, 2015
- Balanced offensive attack leads Kings past Lakers, 122-99 - April 15, 2015