- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks to play against Rockets
- Updated: February 18, 2014
The Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday received some pleasant news for a change on the injury front as guard Jodie Meeks is set to play in Wednesday’s game against the Houston Rockets, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
NBA fans: Get your Lakers tickets today!
Meeks had been sidelined since Feb. 4 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves with a right ankle sprain that forced him to miss the last five games in which the team went 2-3.
The 26-year-old has been one of the Lakers’ lone bright spots this season as he is averaging career-highs across the board in points (14.4), assists (1.7), rebounds (2.8), minutes (32.6). field goal percentage (.449). and 3-point percentage (.403).
Prior to injury, Meeks had recorded 15 consecutive double-digit point outputs and was ranked 11th in the NBA with 106 3-pointers made.
The four-year veteran has made the most of his opportunity with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In his increased role with Los Angeles, Meeks has most notably improved his 3-point shooting as evident by him knocking down four or more attempts from beyond the arc in 10 games this season.
Jordan Farmar could also make his return to the floor for Wednesday’s game if he hamstring checks out fine in shootaround on Wednesday morning. Farmar has missed 28 games this season due to hamstring issues.
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 4: Kobe Bryant expected to miss rest of season, Team Irvin wins Pro Bowl - January 26, 2015
- 5 things we learned Lakers’ 99-87 loss to Rockets - January 26, 2015
- Kobe Bryant’s health will dictate how he ends his career - January 25, 2015