- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
DeMarcus Cousins injury: Kings center undergoes MRI on hip
- Updated: February 18, 2014
With the results anticipated to come on Tuesday, head coach Mike Malone called him “very questionable” for the home game against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday, per the report. When the former Kentucky star injured his hip initially last Wednesday, the injury didn’t seem serious, but the Kings’ cautiousness has to indicate some genuine concern.
Sacramento is 0-7 without Cousins in the lineup this season, so any extended amount of time without him will spell trouble for the struggling squad. At 18-35 through the All-Star Break, the Kings are currently situated in fourth place in the Pacific Division, where only the Los Angeles Lakers trail them in a difficult Western Conference.
If Cousins can’t suit up, then Jason Thompson will likely see more action in his place. The Kings could also be without Jimmer Fredette, who was sick with an illness on Monday and according to Malone looked “awful.”
Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015