- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
DeMarcus Cousins injury: Kings center undergoes MRI on hip
- Updated: February 18, 2014
With the results anticipated to come on Tuesday, head coach Mike Malone called him “very questionable” for the home game against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday, per the report. When the former Kentucky star injured his hip initially last Wednesday, the injury didn’t seem serious, but the Kings’ cautiousness has to indicate some genuine concern.
Sacramento is 0-7 without Cousins in the lineup this season, so any extended amount of time without him will spell trouble for the struggling squad. At 18-35 through the All-Star Break, the Kings are currently situated in fourth place in the Pacific Division, where only the Los Angeles Lakers trail them in a difficult Western Conference.
If Cousins can’t suit up, then Jason Thompson will likely see more action in his place. The Kings could also be without Jimmer Fredette, who was sick with an illness on Monday and according to Malone looked “awful.”
Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015