- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
DeMarcus Cousins injury: Kings center undergoes MRI on hip
- Updated: February 18, 2014
With the results anticipated to come on Tuesday, head coach Mike Malone called him “very questionable” for the home game against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday, per the report. When the former Kentucky star injured his hip initially last Wednesday, the injury didn’t seem serious, but the Kings’ cautiousness has to indicate some genuine concern.
Sacramento is 0-7 without Cousins in the lineup this season, so any extended amount of time without him will spell trouble for the struggling squad. At 18-35 through the All-Star Break, the Kings are currently situated in fourth place in the Pacific Division, where only the Los Angeles Lakers trail them in a difficult Western Conference.
If Cousins can’t suit up, then Jason Thompson will likely see more action in his place. The Kings could also be without Jimmer Fredette, who was sick with an illness on Monday and according to Malone looked “awful.”
Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014