- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
DeMarcus Cousins injury: Kings center undergoes MRI on hip
- Updated: February 18, 2014
With the results anticipated to come on Tuesday, head coach Mike Malone called him “very questionable” for the home game against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday, per the report. When the former Kentucky star injured his hip initially last Wednesday, the injury didn’t seem serious, but the Kings’ cautiousness has to indicate some genuine concern.
Sacramento is 0-7 without Cousins in the lineup this season, so any extended amount of time without him will spell trouble for the struggling squad. At 18-35 through the All-Star Break, the Kings are currently situated in fourth place in the Pacific Division, where only the Los Angeles Lakers trail them in a difficult Western Conference.
If Cousins can’t suit up, then Jason Thompson will likely see more action in his place. The Kings could also be without Jimmer Fredette, who was sick with an illness on Monday and according to Malone looked “awful.”
Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014