- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Lamar Odom to join Spanish club Laboral Kutxa
- Updated: February 17, 2014
Reports earlier on Monday surfaced that the former Los Angeles Clippers star and Los Angeles Lakers champion was in talks with the club and was in position to sign. He now has a deal in principal and has every intention of playing the rest of the season in Spain’s ACB League.
The 34-year-old last suited up for the Clippers during the 2012-13 season where he played in 82 games while posting a career-low 4.0 points to go along with 5.9 rebounds in 19.7 minutes per game. In his heyday, Odom was one of the most skilled players in the NBA with the ability to play all five positions and score at will.
Though an All-Star Game eluded him, he is a two-time champion and won the NBA’s prestigious Sixth Man of the Year Award with the Lakers in the 2010-11 season.
Despite the accolades, Odom has had his share of issues off the floor. As a young player, he was in repeated trouble with the league for violating its substance abuse policy, after which he admitted to using marijuana. After a career resurgence with the Lakers, he ran into various other problems following his best years as a professional, stemming from marital issues to further alleged drug abuse.
Nevertheless, seeing Odom back on a basketball court is a welcome sight, even if it’s not in the NBA. Perhaps if all goes well, the former Clippers first-round pick can finish his career in the NBA.
Want to win Clippers tickets? Follow these instructions in order to enter!
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014