- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Lamar Odom to join Spanish club Laboral Kutxa
- Updated: February 17, 2014
Reports earlier on Monday surfaced that the former Los Angeles Clippers star and Los Angeles Lakers champion was in talks with the club and was in position to sign. He now has a deal in principal and has every intention of playing the rest of the season in Spain’s ACB League.
The 34-year-old last suited up for the Clippers during the 2012-13 season where he played in 82 games while posting a career-low 4.0 points to go along with 5.9 rebounds in 19.7 minutes per game. In his heyday, Odom was one of the most skilled players in the NBA with the ability to play all five positions and score at will.
Though an All-Star Game eluded him, he is a two-time champion and won the NBA’s prestigious Sixth Man of the Year Award with the Lakers in the 2010-11 season.
Despite the accolades, Odom has had his share of issues off the floor. As a young player, he was in repeated trouble with the league for violating its substance abuse policy, after which he admitted to using marijuana. After a career resurgence with the Lakers, he ran into various other problems following his best years as a professional, stemming from marital issues to further alleged drug abuse.
Nevertheless, seeing Odom back on a basketball court is a welcome sight, even if it’s not in the NBA. Perhaps if all goes well, the former Clippers first-round pick can finish his career in the NBA.
Want to win Clippers tickets? Follow these instructions in order to enter!
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015