- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Damian Lillard to make history with dunk, 3-point, skills contest appearances
- Updated: February 7, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard can literally do it all, and he’ll be the first in NBA history to prove it during All-Star Weekend as he is set to compete in the Slam Dunk contest, Skills Challenge and 3-point contest.
With the dunk contest being the marquee event, it figures to be even more exciting this time around considering that for the first time in 26 years, three All-Stars will participate as John Wall and Paul George will join Lillard.
Somehow, however, it figures to be the cheapest All-Star Saturday Night in four years, according to Forbes.
The 2013 Rookie of the Year will make his first All-Star Game appearance for the Western Conference and play behind fellow first-timer Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who will make the West squad as a starter. The star power of the Saturday evening festivities is as big as its been in recent history, and should make for an exciting slate of events.
Lillard has been all substance this season, despite the flash he’ll have the opportunity to display during All-Star Weekend. The Oakland, Calif. native is averaging a career-high 20.6 points per game to go along with 5.7 assists and is posting an 18.8 player efficiency rating (via Basketball-Refernce.com’s metric).
Photo by Lucy Nicholson/Pool/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014