- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Damian Lillard to make history with dunk, 3-point, skills contest appearances
- Updated: February 7, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard can literally do it all, and he’ll be the first in NBA history to prove it during All-Star Weekend as he is set to compete in the Slam Dunk contest, Skills Challenge and 3-point contest.
With the dunk contest being the marquee event, it figures to be even more exciting this time around considering that for the first time in 26 years, three All-Stars will participate as John Wall and Paul George will join Lillard.
Somehow, however, it figures to be the cheapest All-Star Saturday Night in four years, according to Forbes.
The 2013 Rookie of the Year will make his first All-Star Game appearance for the Western Conference and play behind fellow first-timer Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who will make the West squad as a starter. The star power of the Saturday evening festivities is as big as its been in recent history, and should make for an exciting slate of events.
Lillard has been all substance this season, despite the flash he’ll have the opportunity to display during All-Star Weekend. The Oakland, Calif. native is averaging a career-high 20.6 points per game to go along with 5.7 assists and is posting an 18.8 player efficiency rating (via Basketball-Refernce.com’s metric).
Photo by Lucy Nicholson/Pool/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015