- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Damian Lillard to make history with dunk, 3-point, skills contest appearances
- Updated: February 7, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard can literally do it all, and he’ll be the first in NBA history to prove it during All-Star Weekend as he is set to compete in the Slam Dunk contest, Skills Challenge and 3-point contest.
With the dunk contest being the marquee event, it figures to be even more exciting this time around considering that for the first time in 26 years, three All-Stars will participate as John Wall and Paul George will join Lillard.
Somehow, however, it figures to be the cheapest All-Star Saturday Night in four years, according to Forbes.
The 2013 Rookie of the Year will make his first All-Star Game appearance for the Western Conference and play behind fellow first-timer Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who will make the West squad as a starter. The star power of the Saturday evening festivities is as big as its been in recent history, and should make for an exciting slate of events.
Lillard has been all substance this season, despite the flash he’ll have the opportunity to display during All-Star Weekend. The Oakland, Calif. native is averaging a career-high 20.6 points per game to go along with 5.7 assists and is posting an 18.8 player efficiency rating (via Basketball-Refernce.com’s metric).
Photo by Lucy Nicholson/Pool/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015