- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Damian Lillard to make history with dunk, 3-point, skills contest appearances
- Updated: February 7, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard can literally do it all, and he’ll be the first in NBA history to prove it during All-Star Weekend as he is set to compete in the Slam Dunk contest, Skills Challenge and 3-point contest.
With the dunk contest being the marquee event, it figures to be even more exciting this time around considering that for the first time in 26 years, three All-Stars will participate as John Wall and Paul George will join Lillard.
Somehow, however, it figures to be the cheapest All-Star Saturday Night in four years, according to Forbes.
The 2013 Rookie of the Year will make his first All-Star Game appearance for the Western Conference and play behind fellow first-timer Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who will make the West squad as a starter. The star power of the Saturday evening festivities is as big as its been in recent history, and should make for an exciting slate of events.
Lillard has been all substance this season, despite the flash he’ll have the opportunity to display during All-Star Weekend. The Oakland, Calif. native is averaging a career-high 20.6 points per game to go along with 5.7 assists and is posting an 18.8 player efficiency rating (via Basketball-Refernce.com’s metric).
Photo by Lucy Nicholson/Pool/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014