- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Damian Lillard to make history with dunk, 3-point, skills contest appearances
- Updated: February 7, 2014
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard can literally do it all, and he’ll be the first in NBA history to prove it during All-Star Weekend as he is set to compete in the Slam Dunk contest, Skills Challenge and 3-point contest.
With the dunk contest being the marquee event, it figures to be even more exciting this time around considering that for the first time in 26 years, three All-Stars will participate as John Wall and Paul George will join Lillard.
Somehow, however, it figures to be the cheapest All-Star Saturday Night in four years, according to Forbes.
The 2013 Rookie of the Year will make his first All-Star Game appearance for the Western Conference and play behind fellow first-timer Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who will make the West squad as a starter. The star power of the Saturday evening festivities is as big as its been in recent history, and should make for an exciting slate of events.
Lillard has been all substance this season, despite the flash he’ll have the opportunity to display during All-Star Weekend. The Oakland, Calif. native is averaging a career-high 20.6 points per game to go along with 5.7 assists and is posting an 18.8 player efficiency rating (via Basketball-Refernce.com’s metric).
Photo by Lucy Nicholson/Pool/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014