- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
Nick Young injury: Lakers guard will miss at least 2 weeks
- Updated: February 6, 2014
The injuries keep coming for the Los Angeles Lakers as an MRI on Thursday revealed a non-displaced fracture of the patella and a bone bruise in Nick Young’s left knee and will force him to miss a minimum of two weeks, according to a team press release.
Young suffered the injury in the second quarter of Wednesday’s win over the Cleveland Cavaliers as he collided with forward C.J. Miles as he was attempting a lay-up on a fastbreak. The 28-year-old played the remainder of the second quarter, but pulled himself out of the game at halftime.
“I planted wrong,” said Young after finishing with six points, four rebounds and four assists and not playing in the second half. “We’ll see what happens. Hope for the best, really.”
This season, Young has been one of the primary scoring option for the Lakers as he is the team’s second-leading scorer at 16.9 points per game. The six-year veteran has scored in double figures in 41 out of the 48 games he has played that includes a 19-game streak of double-digit outputs.
Young injury adds to already depleted roster that now has just seven healthy players with Pau Gasol (groin), Kobe Bryant (leg), Xavier Henry (bone bruise), and Jodie Meeks (right ankle sprain) all out with their respective injuries.
So with that said, it is being reported by ESPNLosAngeles that team will call up former Lakers forward Shawne Williams from their D-League team, Los Angeles D-Fenders, on a 10-day deal.
Young is expected to be re-evaluated in two weeks.
Photo Credit: Gene Sweeney Jr. / Associated Press / December 27, 2013
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Blazers news: Rip City jerseys will have sleeves in 2014-15 - July 24, 2014
- Blazers news: Thomas Robinson has thumb surgery - July 23, 2014
- Ed Davis ready to ‘contribute’ with Lakers - July 23, 2014