- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
Nick Young injury: Lakers guard will miss at least 2 weeks
- Updated: February 6, 2014
The injuries keep coming for the Los Angeles Lakers as an MRI on Thursday revealed a non-displaced fracture of the patella and a bone bruise in Nick Young’s left knee and will force him to miss a minimum of two weeks, according to a team press release.
Young suffered the injury in the second quarter of Wednesday’s win over the Cleveland Cavaliers as he collided with forward C.J. Miles as he was attempting a lay-up on a fastbreak. The 28-year-old played the remainder of the second quarter, but pulled himself out of the game at halftime.
“I planted wrong,” said Young after finishing with six points, four rebounds and four assists and not playing in the second half. “We’ll see what happens. Hope for the best, really.”
This season, Young has been one of the primary scoring option for the Lakers as he is the team’s second-leading scorer at 16.9 points per game. The six-year veteran has scored in double figures in 41 out of the 48 games he has played that includes a 19-game streak of double-digit outputs.
Young injury adds to already depleted roster that now has just seven healthy players with Pau Gasol (groin), Kobe Bryant (leg), Xavier Henry (bone bruise), and Jodie Meeks (right ankle sprain) all out with their respective injuries.
So with that said, it is being reported by ESPNLosAngeles that team will call up former Lakers forward Shawne Williams from their D-League team, Los Angeles D-Fenders, on a 10-day deal.
Young is expected to be re-evaluated in two weeks.
Photo Credit: Gene Sweeney Jr. / Associated Press / December 27, 2013
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 30: Lakers hire Byron Scott, Kendall Hunter tears ACL - July 28, 2014
- Byron Scott the right choice as Lakers next head coach - July 27, 2014
- Carlos Boozer says Kobe Bryant told him to ‘come ready’ - July 26, 2014