- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Lakers news: Pau Gasol to undergo MRI on Saturday
- Updated: February 1, 2014
LOS ANGELES – The injury woes continue to pile up for Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Pau Gasol as he will undergo an MRI on Saturday 0n his groin with his status uncertain for the team’s upcoming three-game road trip next week.
Gasol stated after Friday’s 110-100 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats that he has been dealing with a nagging pain his in groin area for the week and a half. The injury was serious enough to make the 33-year-old miss Thursday’s practice to rest his body after re-aggravating the injury in Tuesday’s game against the Indiana Pacers.
“It felt better with two days of rest and we tried hard to make it feel better and calm it down. But once the game started and I did certain moves, I re-aggravated it and we’ll see what the MRI says,” Gasol said. “I’m getting an MRI tomorrow so we’ll see what it is because there’s something going on and I re-aggravated it and that’s not good for anyone.”
Gasol believes the injury may have stemmed from the sprained right big toe that he has been dealing with over the past couple of weeks.
“I’m playing with a tape job that might have caused some issues with loads,” Gasol said. “So one thing is leading to the next one. I’m trying to play through it and I’ve been playing through it, trying to do my very best because I don’t like to let my team down when things are not going the right way.”
Despite dealing with the groin and toe injuries, Gasol has still been able to perform at a high level as he posted his 10th straight 20-plus point game and was one rebound shy from having his fifth consecutive game with a double-double. He has also had ten 20-point and 10-rebound games in the his last 15 contests.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Vin Scully gets standing ovation at Dodger Stadium after announcing return - July 31, 2014
- LaMichael James injury: 49ers RB eyes season opener for return - July 31, 2014
- Lakers free agency rumors: Michael Beasley works out in L.A. - July 30, 2014