- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Lakers news: Pau Gasol to undergo MRI on Saturday
- Updated: February 1, 2014
LOS ANGELES – The injury woes continue to pile up for Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Pau Gasol as he will undergo an MRI on Saturday 0n his groin with his status uncertain for the team’s upcoming three-game road trip next week.
Gasol stated after Friday’s 110-100 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats that he has been dealing with a nagging pain his in groin area for the week and a half. The injury was serious enough to make the 33-year-old miss Thursday’s practice to rest his body after re-aggravating the injury in Tuesday’s game against the Indiana Pacers.
“It felt better with two days of rest and we tried hard to make it feel better and calm it down. But once the game started and I did certain moves, I re-aggravated it and we’ll see what the MRI says,” Gasol said. “I’m getting an MRI tomorrow so we’ll see what it is because there’s something going on and I re-aggravated it and that’s not good for anyone.”
Gasol believes the injury may have stemmed from the sprained right big toe that he has been dealing with over the past couple of weeks.
“I’m playing with a tape job that might have caused some issues with loads,” Gasol said. “So one thing is leading to the next one. I’m trying to play through it and I’ve been playing through it, trying to do my very best because I don’t like to let my team down when things are not going the right way.”
Despite dealing with the groin and toe injuries, Gasol has still been able to perform at a high level as he posted his 10th straight 20-plus point game and was one rebound shy from having his fifth consecutive game with a double-double. He has also had ten 20-point and 10-rebound games in the his last 15 contests.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers get the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NBA draft - May 19, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 20: Warriors advance to West Finals, 49ers’ Justin Smith retires - May 19, 2015
- Lakers’ future could hinge on 2015 draft - May 18, 2015