- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Lakers news: Pau Gasol to undergo MRI on Saturday
- Updated: February 1, 2014
LOS ANGELES – The injury woes continue to pile up for Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Pau Gasol as he will undergo an MRI on Saturday 0n his groin with his status uncertain for the team’s upcoming three-game road trip next week.
Gasol stated after Friday’s 110-100 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats that he has been dealing with a nagging pain his in groin area for the week and a half. The injury was serious enough to make the 33-year-old miss Thursday’s practice to rest his body after re-aggravating the injury in Tuesday’s game against the Indiana Pacers.
“It felt better with two days of rest and we tried hard to make it feel better and calm it down. But once the game started and I did certain moves, I re-aggravated it and we’ll see what the MRI says,” Gasol said. “I’m getting an MRI tomorrow so we’ll see what it is because there’s something going on and I re-aggravated it and that’s not good for anyone.”
Gasol believes the injury may have stemmed from the sprained right big toe that he has been dealing with over the past couple of weeks.
“I’m playing with a tape job that might have caused some issues with loads,” Gasol said. “So one thing is leading to the next one. I’m trying to play through it and I’ve been playing through it, trying to do my very best because I don’t like to let my team down when things are not going the right way.”
Despite dealing with the groin and toe injuries, Gasol has still been able to perform at a high level as he posted his 10th straight 20-plus point game and was one rebound shy from having his fifth consecutive game with a double-double. He has also had ten 20-point and 10-rebound games in the his last 15 contests.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things learned from Lakers 104-103 loss to Thunder - December 20, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 50: Marcus Mariota wins Heisman, Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan - December 15, 2014
- Can Jim Buss bring the Lakers back to prominence? - December 14, 2014