- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Lakers news: Pau Gasol to undergo MRI on Saturday
- Updated: February 1, 2014
LOS ANGELES – The injury woes continue to pile up for Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Pau Gasol as he will undergo an MRI on Saturday 0n his groin with his status uncertain for the team’s upcoming three-game road trip next week.
Gasol stated after Friday’s 110-100 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats that he has been dealing with a nagging pain his in groin area for the week and a half. The injury was serious enough to make the 33-year-old miss Thursday’s practice to rest his body after re-aggravating the injury in Tuesday’s game against the Indiana Pacers.
“It felt better with two days of rest and we tried hard to make it feel better and calm it down. But once the game started and I did certain moves, I re-aggravated it and we’ll see what the MRI says,” Gasol said. “I’m getting an MRI tomorrow so we’ll see what it is because there’s something going on and I re-aggravated it and that’s not good for anyone.”
Gasol believes the injury may have stemmed from the sprained right big toe that he has been dealing with over the past couple of weeks.
“I’m playing with a tape job that might have caused some issues with loads,” Gasol said. “So one thing is leading to the next one. I’m trying to play through it and I’ve been playing through it, trying to do my very best because I don’t like to let my team down when things are not going the right way.”
Despite dealing with the groin and toe injuries, Gasol has still been able to perform at a high level as he posted his 10th straight 20-plus point game and was one rebound shy from having his fifth consecutive game with a double-double. He has also had ten 20-point and 10-rebound games in the his last 15 contests.