- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Lakers news: Team signs Manny Harris to a second 10-day contract
- Updated: January 26, 2014
As expected after the news broke out two days ago that Xavier Henry suffered another setback, the Los Angeles Lakers have signed guard Manny Harris to a second 10-day contract, according to a team press release.
Harris signed with the Lakers after guard Nick Young was suspended one game for throwing a punch at Phoenix Suns point guard Goran Dragic on Jan. 15. In the five games since then, the 24-year-old is averaging 6.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 20.9 minutes.
Prior to signing with Los Angeles, Harris had played in 13 games for the D-Fenders this season averaging 30.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 3.7 assists in 38.1 minutes per game. This also includes scoring at least 20 points in 12 of the 13 games with four 30-point outputs and three 40-point games with a franchise record 49 points on Jan. 10.
Harris earned the NBA D-League Performer of the Week on Jan. 13 for the second straight week. The former Michigan Wolverine went undrafted in the 2010 NBA draft and signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Harris played in 54 games in the 2010-11 season with the Cavaliers which included 15 starts, where he had a career-high 27 points against the Phoenix Suns on Jan. 9, 2011. He would play in 26 games with Cleveland in the 2011-12 season before getting waived in late December.
With Harris now under contract for at least the 10 days, it leaves the Lakers with 10 healthy players on the roster.
Here is a video of a nice putback dunk by Harris in the Lakers win over the Toronto Raptors on Jan. 19:
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers get the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NBA draft - May 19, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 20: Warriors advance to West Finals, 49ers’ Justin Smith retires - May 19, 2015
- Lakers’ future could hinge on 2015 draft - May 18, 2015