- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Lakers news: Team signs Manny Harris to a second 10-day contract
- Updated: January 26, 2014
As expected after the news broke out two days ago that Xavier Henry suffered another setback, the Los Angeles Lakers have signed guard Manny Harris to a second 10-day contract, according to a team press release.
Harris signed with the Lakers after guard Nick Young was suspended one game for throwing a punch at Phoenix Suns point guard Goran Dragic on Jan. 15. In the five games since then, the 24-year-old is averaging 6.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 20.9 minutes.
Prior to signing with Los Angeles, Harris had played in 13 games for the D-Fenders this season averaging 30.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 3.7 assists in 38.1 minutes per game. This also includes scoring at least 20 points in 12 of the 13 games with four 30-point outputs and three 40-point games with a franchise record 49 points on Jan. 10.
Harris earned the NBA D-League Performer of the Week on Jan. 13 for the second straight week. The former Michigan Wolverine went undrafted in the 2010 NBA draft and signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Harris played in 54 games in the 2010-11 season with the Cavaliers which included 15 starts, where he had a career-high 27 points against the Phoenix Suns on Jan. 9, 2011. He would play in 26 games with Cleveland in the 2011-12 season before getting waived in late December.
With Harris now under contract for at least the 10 days, it leaves the Lakers with 10 healthy players on the roster.
Here is a video of a nice putback dunk by Harris in the Lakers win over the Toronto Raptors on Jan. 19:
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 36: USC falls to BC, USA wins World Cup Gold - September 15, 2014
- Can Steve Nash be Lakers starting point guard? - September 14, 2014