- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Xavier Henry injury update: Lakers G will be out at least another week
- Updated: January 15, 2014
After receiving an examination from Dr. Stephen Lombardo prior Tuesday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, it was revealed that Xavier Henry will miss at least another week due to the bone bruise in his right knee, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
The 22-year-old initially suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Lakers’ 111-104 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 29. Henry had participated in his first individual workout on this past Sunday, but experienced swelling in his knee and has scaled back his workouts to non-weight-bearing exercises for the next few days.
The four-year veteran is expected to travel with the team on their upcoming 7-game road trip and will likely receive a re-evaluation on Monday in Chicago or Tuesday in Miami.
Henry is also dealing with abnormality to the lateral meniscus in his right knee that is not causing him any pain to the area.
Prior to suffering the injury, Henry was playing in significant role with the team as the back up point guard. In his absence Jodie Meeks has taken up that responsibility. Nonetheless, it appears that Henry will be returning to the court with team within the next couple of weeks.
Photo Credit: Noah Graham/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak expects Kobe Bryant to return next season - January 30, 2015
- Pau Gasol gets standing ovation in return to Los Angeles - January 30, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 4: Kobe Bryant expected to miss rest of season, Team Irvin wins Pro Bowl - January 26, 2015