- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Xavier Henry injury update: Lakers G will be out at least another week
- Updated: January 15, 2014
After receiving an examination from Dr. Stephen Lombardo prior Tuesday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, it was revealed that Xavier Henry will miss at least another week due to the bone bruise in his right knee, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
The 22-year-old initially suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Lakers’ 111-104 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 29. Henry had participated in his first individual workout on this past Sunday, but experienced swelling in his knee and has scaled back his workouts to non-weight-bearing exercises for the next few days.
The four-year veteran is expected to travel with the team on their upcoming 7-game road trip and will likely receive a re-evaluation on Monday in Chicago or Tuesday in Miami.
Henry is also dealing with abnormality to the lateral meniscus in his right knee that is not causing him any pain to the area.
Prior to suffering the injury, Henry was playing in significant role with the team as the back up point guard. In his absence Jodie Meeks has taken up that responsibility. Nonetheless, it appears that Henry will be returning to the court with team within the next couple of weeks.
Photo Credit: Noah Graham/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers ranked 1st by ESPN as team with most turmoil in 2014-15 - August 20, 2014
- Byron Scott begins to shape coaching staff - August 20, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 33: Clippers officially sold to Steve Ballmer, Tiger Woods withdraws from Ryder Cup - August 18, 2014