- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Xavier Henry injury update: Lakers G will be out at least another week
- Updated: January 15, 2014
After receiving an examination from Dr. Stephen Lombardo prior Tuesday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, it was revealed that Xavier Henry will miss at least another week due to the bone bruise in his right knee, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
The 22-year-old initially suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Lakers’ 111-104 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 29. Henry had participated in his first individual workout on this past Sunday, but experienced swelling in his knee and has scaled back his workouts to non-weight-bearing exercises for the next few days.
The four-year veteran is expected to travel with the team on their upcoming 7-game road trip and will likely receive a re-evaluation on Monday in Chicago or Tuesday in Miami.
Henry is also dealing with abnormality to the lateral meniscus in his right knee that is not causing him any pain to the area.
Prior to suffering the injury, Henry was playing in significant role with the team as the back up point guard. In his absence Jodie Meeks has taken up that responsibility. Nonetheless, it appears that Henry will be returning to the court with team within the next couple of weeks.
Photo Credit: Noah Graham/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Should the Lakers pursue Rajon Rondo? - April 26, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 16: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has surgery, Raiders sign Michael Crabtree - April 20, 2015
- Lakers set to embarking on crucial offseason - April 19, 2015