- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Xavier Henry injury update: Lakers G will be out at least another week
- Updated: January 15, 2014
After receiving an examination from Dr. Stephen Lombardo prior Tuesday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, it was revealed that Xavier Henry will miss at least another week due to the bone bruise in his right knee, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
The 22-year-old initially suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Lakers’ 111-104 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 29. Henry had participated in his first individual workout on this past Sunday, but experienced swelling in his knee and has scaled back his workouts to non-weight-bearing exercises for the next few days.
The four-year veteran is expected to travel with the team on their upcoming 7-game road trip and will likely receive a re-evaluation on Monday in Chicago or Tuesday in Miami.
Henry is also dealing with abnormality to the lateral meniscus in his right knee that is not causing him any pain to the area.
Prior to suffering the injury, Henry was playing in significant role with the team as the back up point guard. In his absence Jodie Meeks has taken up that responsibility. Nonetheless, it appears that Henry will be returning to the court with team within the next couple of weeks.
Photo Credit: Noah Graham/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 9: UCLA adds Tom Bradley as new DC, Inglewood passes NFL stadium initiative - March 2, 2015
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015