- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Xavier Henry injury update: Lakers G will be out at least another week
- Updated: January 15, 2014
After receiving an examination from Dr. Stephen Lombardo prior Tuesday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, it was revealed that Xavier Henry will miss at least another week due to the bone bruise in his right knee, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
The 22-year-old initially suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Lakers’ 111-104 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 29. Henry had participated in his first individual workout on this past Sunday, but experienced swelling in his knee and has scaled back his workouts to non-weight-bearing exercises for the next few days.
The four-year veteran is expected to travel with the team on their upcoming 7-game road trip and will likely receive a re-evaluation on Monday in Chicago or Tuesday in Miami.
Henry is also dealing with abnormality to the lateral meniscus in his right knee that is not causing him any pain to the area.
Prior to suffering the injury, Henry was playing in significant role with the team as the back up point guard. In his absence Jodie Meeks has taken up that responsibility. Nonetheless, it appears that Henry will be returning to the court with team within the next couple of weeks.
Photo Credit: Noah Graham/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015