- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
- Are NFL teams mishandling quarterbacks in 2014?
Jodie Meeks continues to shine for Lakers
- Updated: January 15, 2014
LOS ANGELES – In Los Angeles Lakers’ 120-118 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, there were several positive things to take away from the game with one of them being the play of Jodie Meeks.
The 26-years-old on Tuesday scored his season-high and highest point output as a member of the Lakers as he scored 26 points on 9-for-14 shooting that including making six 3-pointers, which was one short of tying his career-high of seven made in one game.
“I’m trying to do everything I can personally,” Meeks said after the loss on Tuesday. “But it doesn’t mean anything if you’re not winning. I hate the taste of losing. We are trying to win every game and figure it out.”
In their place, the four-year veteran has played exceptionally well as he is averaging a career-highs in points (13.6) points and minutes (31.6). He has scored in double digits in 30 out of 37 games played this season, and in the last six games he is averaging 20.5 points.
Meeks has been a glue guy for the Lakers, as they have asked him to start and play major minutes at shooting to go along with playing backup point guard, which he has done a solid job at filling both spots. It is also reasonable to state that without Meeks, Los Angeles’ struggles this season would be far worse.
The 26-year-old may not be a go-to option offensively, but as a second or third scoring option he has proven to be reliable and that is something the Lakers will need for him to continue in order to the team get out of this mid-season slump.
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 38: UCLA Climbs into top 10, Dodgers win NL West - September 29, 2014
- Kobe Bryant set to enter an intriguing 2014-15 season - September 28, 2014
- Lakers sign Ronnie Price - September 24, 2014