- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Jodie Meeks continues to shine for Lakers
- Updated: January 15, 2014
LOS ANGELES – In Los Angeles Lakers’ 120-118 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, there were several positive things to take away from the game with one of them being the play of Jodie Meeks.
The 26-years-old on Tuesday scored his season-high and highest point output as a member of the Lakers as he scored 26 points on 9-for-14 shooting that including making six 3-pointers, which was one short of tying his career-high of seven made in one game.
“I’m trying to do everything I can personally,” Meeks said after the loss on Tuesday. “But it doesn’t mean anything if you’re not winning. I hate the taste of losing. We are trying to win every game and figure it out.”
In their place, the four-year veteran has played exceptionally well as he is averaging a career-highs in points (13.6) points and minutes (31.6). He has scored in double digits in 30 out of 37 games played this season, and in the last six games he is averaging 20.5 points.
Meeks has been a glue guy for the Lakers, as they have asked him to start and play major minutes at shooting to go along with playing backup point guard, which he has done a solid job at filling both spots. It is also reasonable to state that without Meeks, Los Angeles’ struggles this season would be far worse.
The 26-year-old may not be a go-to option offensively, but as a second or third scoring option he has proven to be reliable and that is something the Lakers will need for him to continue in order to the team get out of this mid-season slump.
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- MLB Trade Deadline: Mariners acquire Austin Jackson in three-team deal - July 31, 2014
- USC ranked 15th in coaches preseason poll - July 31, 2014
- Vin Scully gets standing ovation at Dodger Stadium after announcing return - July 31, 2014