- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks nears contract incentive
- Updated: January 13, 2014
With the Los Angeles Lakers experiencing a multitude of injuries in their backcourt, it has paved the way for Jodie Meeks receive more playing time and near some incentives in his contract, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
The 26-years-old guard is more than halfway to hitting two incentives in his deal with the team that would give him another $200,000.
If Meeks able to average at least 20 minutes through a minimum of 70 games played, he will make an additional $100,000. And if he maintains an average of 25 minutes or higher played per game, he will earn another $100,00o.
His base salary for this season is at $1.45 million and if he meets the criteria for his incentives it will boost up his year total to $1.65 million for year.
Meeks has been one of the primary beneficiaries of the backcourt injuries, in particularly with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In Bryant’s absence he is averaging a career-highs in minutes (31.6) and points (13.6). When Bryant does return, Meeks will likely maintain above 20 minutes per game average and possibly make the 25 minute mark to cover both of his incentives.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers G Steve Nash to miss 2014-15 season - October 23, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 114-108 loss to Suns - October 22, 2014
- Lakers cut Jeremy Tyler, Keith Appling - October 21, 2014