- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks nears contract incentive
- Updated: January 13, 2014
With the Los Angeles Lakers experiencing a multitude of injuries in their backcourt, it has paved the way for Jodie Meeks receive more playing time and near some incentives in his contract, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
The 26-years-old guard is more than halfway to hitting two incentives in his deal with the team that would give him another $200,000.
If Meeks able to average at least 20 minutes through a minimum of 70 games played, he will make an additional $100,000. And if he maintains an average of 25 minutes or higher played per game, he will earn another $100,00o.
His base salary for this season is at $1.45 million and if he meets the criteria for his incentives it will boost up his year total to $1.65 million for year.
Meeks has been one of the primary beneficiaries of the backcourt injuries, in particularly with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In Bryant’s absence he is averaging a career-highs in minutes (31.6) and points (13.6). When Bryant does return, Meeks will likely maintain above 20 minutes per game average and possibly make the 25 minute mark to cover both of his incentives.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers’ 2014-15 season exit interviews - April 16, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 122-99 loss to Kings - April 16, 2015
- Balanced offensive attack leads Kings past Lakers, 122-99 - April 15, 2015