- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks nears contract incentive
- Updated: January 13, 2014
With the Los Angeles Lakers experiencing a multitude of injuries in their backcourt, it has paved the way for Jodie Meeks receive more playing time and near some incentives in his contract, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
The 26-years-old guard is more than halfway to hitting two incentives in his deal with the team that would give him another $200,000.
If Meeks able to average at least 20 minutes through a minimum of 70 games played, he will make an additional $100,000. And if he maintains an average of 25 minutes or higher played per game, he will earn another $100,00o.
His base salary for this season is at $1.45 million and if he meets the criteria for his incentives it will boost up his year total to $1.65 million for year.
Meeks has been one of the primary beneficiaries of the backcourt injuries, in particularly with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In Bryant’s absence he is averaging a career-highs in minutes (31.6) and points (13.6). When Bryant does return, Meeks will likely maintain above 20 minutes per game average and possibly make the 25 minute mark to cover both of his incentives.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash make first practice - October 1, 2014
- Jeremy Lin ready to leave ‘Linsanity’ behind - October 1, 2014
- Jordan Clarkson ready to ‘play heart out’ with Lakers - September 30, 2014