- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks nears contract incentive
- Updated: January 13, 2014
With the Los Angeles Lakers experiencing a multitude of injuries in their backcourt, it has paved the way for Jodie Meeks receive more playing time and near some incentives in his contract, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
The 26-years-old guard is more than halfway to hitting two incentives in his deal with the team that would give him another $200,000.
If Meeks able to average at least 20 minutes through a minimum of 70 games played, he will make an additional $100,000. And if he maintains an average of 25 minutes or higher played per game, he will earn another $100,00o.
His base salary for this season is at $1.45 million and if he meets the criteria for his incentives it will boost up his year total to $1.65 million for year.
Meeks has been one of the primary beneficiaries of the backcourt injuries, in particularly with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In Bryant’s absence he is averaging a career-highs in minutes (31.6) and points (13.6). When Bryant does return, Meeks will likely maintain above 20 minutes per game average and possibly make the 25 minute mark to cover both of his incentives.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 37: Oregon survives upset bid, Seahawks win Super Bowl rematch - September 22, 2014
- Should the Lakers sign Michael Beasley? - September 21, 2014
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014