- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Lakers news: Jodie Meeks nears contract incentive
- Updated: January 13, 2014
With the Los Angeles Lakers experiencing a multitude of injuries in their backcourt, it has paved the way for Jodie Meeks receive more playing time and near some incentives in his contract, according to Eric Pincus of the LA Times.
The 26-years-old guard is more than halfway to hitting two incentives in his deal with the team that would give him another $200,000.
If Meeks able to average at least 20 minutes through a minimum of 70 games played, he will make an additional $100,000. And if he maintains an average of 25 minutes or higher played per game, he will earn another $100,00o.
His base salary for this season is at $1.45 million and if he meets the criteria for his incentives it will boost up his year total to $1.65 million for year.
Meeks has been one of the primary beneficiaries of the backcourt injuries, in particularly with Kobe Bryant missing all but six games this season. In Bryant’s absence he is averaging a career-highs in minutes (31.6) and points (13.6). When Bryant does return, Meeks will likely maintain above 20 minutes per game average and possibly make the 25 minute mark to cover both of his incentives.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 9: UCLA adds Tom Bradley as new DC, Inglewood passes NFL stadium initiative - March 2, 2015
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015