- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Clippers release Stephen Jackson
- Updated: January 8, 2014
The 35-year-old had signed with the team on Dec. 10 and was waived on the last day before his contract would become fully guaranteed. In the month he would spend as a member of the Clippers he played in nine games where he averaged 1.7 points on 23 percent shooting to along with 1.1 rebounds in 11.9 minutes.
“He was really, really great,” head coach Doc Rivers said. “It was more, once Chris (Paul) went down, we needed guards. Stephen was everything I needed him to be. Great attitude, great in the locker room, which is something that we needed from a veteran.”
Prior to joining Los Angeles, Jackson was unexpectedly cut from the San Antonio Spurs last April prior to the playoffs due to the growing friction between he and head coach Greg Popovich.
The Clippers are expected to pursue a free agent guard with their open roster spot as they are without guards Chris Paul, who is out for six weeks with a separated right shoulder that he suffered in Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks, and J.J. Redick, who is still recovering from a fractured right hand and a torn right ulnar collateral ligament that he suffered on Nov. 29.
Photo Credit: Maddie Meyer/Getty Images