- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Clippers release Stephen Jackson
- Updated: January 8, 2014
The 35-year-old had signed with the team on Dec. 10 and was waived on the last day before his contract would become fully guaranteed. In the month he would spend as a member of the Clippers he played in nine games where he averaged 1.7 points on 23 percent shooting to along with 1.1 rebounds in 11.9 minutes.
“He was really, really great,” head coach Doc Rivers said. “It was more, once Chris (Paul) went down, we needed guards. Stephen was everything I needed him to be. Great attitude, great in the locker room, which is something that we needed from a veteran.”
Prior to joining Los Angeles, Jackson was unexpectedly cut from the San Antonio Spurs last April prior to the playoffs due to the growing friction between he and head coach Greg Popovich.
The Clippers are expected to pursue a free agent guard with their open roster spot as they are without guards Chris Paul, who is out for six weeks with a separated right shoulder that he suffered in Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks, and J.J. Redick, who is still recovering from a fractured right hand and a torn right ulnar collateral ligament that he suffered on Nov. 29.
Photo Credit: Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 50: Marcus Mariota wins Heisman, Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan - December 15, 2014
- Can Jim Buss bring the Lakers back to prominence? - December 14, 2014
- Kobe Bryant loses it at Lakers practice, calls out players as ‘soft’ - December 12, 2014