- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Clippers release Stephen Jackson
- Updated: January 8, 2014
The 35-year-old had signed with the team on Dec. 10 and was waived on the last day before his contract would become fully guaranteed. In the month he would spend as a member of the Clippers he played in nine games where he averaged 1.7 points on 23 percent shooting to along with 1.1 rebounds in 11.9 minutes.
“He was really, really great,” head coach Doc Rivers said. “It was more, once Chris (Paul) went down, we needed guards. Stephen was everything I needed him to be. Great attitude, great in the locker room, which is something that we needed from a veteran.”
Prior to joining Los Angeles, Jackson was unexpectedly cut from the San Antonio Spurs last April prior to the playoffs due to the growing friction between he and head coach Greg Popovich.
The Clippers are expected to pursue a free agent guard with their open roster spot as they are without guards Chris Paul, who is out for six weeks with a separated right shoulder that he suffered in Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks, and J.J. Redick, who is still recovering from a fractured right hand and a torn right ulnar collateral ligament that he suffered on Nov. 29.
Photo Credit: Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 46: UCLA tops USC, Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval to Boston - November 24, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’101-94 to Nuggets - November 24, 2014
- Lakers must fix defensive problems - November 23, 2014