- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Clippers release Stephen Jackson
- Updated: January 8, 2014
The 35-year-old had signed with the team on Dec. 10 and was waived on the last day before his contract would become fully guaranteed. In the month he would spend as a member of the Clippers he played in nine games where he averaged 1.7 points on 23 percent shooting to along with 1.1 rebounds in 11.9 minutes.
“He was really, really great,” head coach Doc Rivers said. “It was more, once Chris (Paul) went down, we needed guards. Stephen was everything I needed him to be. Great attitude, great in the locker room, which is something that we needed from a veteran.”
Prior to joining Los Angeles, Jackson was unexpectedly cut from the San Antonio Spurs last April prior to the playoffs due to the growing friction between he and head coach Greg Popovich.
The Clippers are expected to pursue a free agent guard with their open roster spot as they are without guards Chris Paul, who is out for six weeks with a separated right shoulder that he suffered in Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks, and J.J. Redick, who is still recovering from a fractured right hand and a torn right ulnar collateral ligament that he suffered on Nov. 29.
Photo Credit: Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015
- Mike Trout injury: MRI reveals no structural damage to wrist - July 29, 2015
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino, David Murphy, and David DeJesus - July 29, 2015