- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Clippers release Stephen Jackson
- Updated: January 8, 2014
The 35-year-old had signed with the team on Dec. 10 and was waived on the last day before his contract would become fully guaranteed. In the month he would spend as a member of the Clippers he played in nine games where he averaged 1.7 points on 23 percent shooting to along with 1.1 rebounds in 11.9 minutes.
“He was really, really great,” head coach Doc Rivers said. “It was more, once Chris (Paul) went down, we needed guards. Stephen was everything I needed him to be. Great attitude, great in the locker room, which is something that we needed from a veteran.”
Prior to joining Los Angeles, Jackson was unexpectedly cut from the San Antonio Spurs last April prior to the playoffs due to the growing friction between he and head coach Greg Popovich.
The Clippers are expected to pursue a free agent guard with their open roster spot as they are without guards Chris Paul, who is out for six weeks with a separated right shoulder that he suffered in Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks, and J.J. Redick, who is still recovering from a fractured right hand and a torn right ulnar collateral ligament that he suffered on Nov. 29.
Photo Credit: Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015