- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Vikings and Redskins reach out to 49ers Roman
- Updated: January 6, 2014
Coaches whose teams played in the Wild Card round of the playoffs are now eligible to be interviewed by other clubs for head coaching vacancies and San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is drawing some interest.
The Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings have reached out to Roman and it’s possible there could be interviews set up with both of those teams. Roman could not actually be hired until after the 49ers have finished their season and may decide to wait until then before interviewing.
Roman has been part of Jim Harbaugh‘s staff since his Stanford days and has helped revitalize the career of Alex Smith, as well as mold Colin Kaepernick. While he is regarded as one of the bright coaching minds in the NFL, the 49ers did struggle at times this year on offense, finishing 30th in the NFL in total passing yards.
Photo: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 15 primer: It could get ugly in Seattle - December 12, 2014
- 49ers Week 14 primer: Playoffs start now - December 5, 2014
- 49ers Week 13 Primer: High stakes in latest installment of NFL’s best rivalry - November 26, 2014