- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
Vikings and Redskins reach out to 49ers Roman
- Updated: January 6, 2014
Coaches whose teams played in the Wild Card round of the playoffs are now eligible to be interviewed by other clubs for head coaching vacancies and San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is drawing some interest.
The Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings have reached out to Roman and it’s possible there could be interviews set up with both of those teams. Roman could not actually be hired until after the 49ers have finished their season and may decide to wait until then before interviewing.
Roman has been part of Jim Harbaugh‘s staff since his Stanford days and has helped revitalize the career of Alex Smith, as well as mold Colin Kaepernick. While he is regarded as one of the bright coaching minds in the NFL, the 49ers did struggle at times this year on offense, finishing 30th in the NFL in total passing yards.
Photo: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 4 primer: Eagles fly in as Niners approach a crossroads - September 26, 2014
- 49ers seem to have an identitiy crisis on offense (again) - September 24, 2014
- 49ers Week 3 primer: Can the Niners rebound after a tough loss? - September 19, 2014