- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Vikings and Redskins reach out to 49ers Roman
- Updated: January 6, 2014
Coaches whose teams played in the Wild Card round of the playoffs are now eligible to be interviewed by other clubs for head coaching vacancies and San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is drawing some interest.
The Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings have reached out to Roman and it’s possible there could be interviews set up with both of those teams. Roman could not actually be hired until after the 49ers have finished their season and may decide to wait until then before interviewing.
Roman has been part of Jim Harbaugh‘s staff since his Stanford days and has helped revitalize the career of Alex Smith, as well as mold Colin Kaepernick. While he is regarded as one of the bright coaching minds in the NFL, the 49ers did struggle at times this year on offense, finishing 30th in the NFL in total passing yards.
Photo: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers look to move on without Aldon Smith - August 29, 2014
- 49ers training camp 2014: How will the receiver battles play out? - August 27, 2014
- The pros and cons of giving Michael Crabtree a new contract - August 22, 2014