- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
- Jets vs. Chargers: Bolts’ run defense has tough test Sunday
- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
Vikings and Redskins reach out to 49ers Roman
- Updated: January 6, 2014
Coaches whose teams played in the Wild Card round of the playoffs are now eligible to be interviewed by other clubs for head coaching vacancies and San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is drawing some interest.
The Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings have reached out to Roman and it’s possible there could be interviews set up with both of those teams. Roman could not actually be hired until after the 49ers have finished their season and may decide to wait until then before interviewing.
Roman has been part of Jim Harbaugh‘s staff since his Stanford days and has helped revitalize the career of Alex Smith, as well as mold Colin Kaepernick. While he is regarded as one of the bright coaching minds in the NFL, the 49ers did struggle at times this year on offense, finishing 30th in the NFL in total passing yards.
Photo: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 7 primer: Can a banged up defense keep up with Peyton Manning? - October 17, 2014
- Colin Kaepernick takes a big step forward in 49ers’ Week 6 win - October 15, 2014
- 49ers Week 6 primer: Niners can’t afford to look past Rams - October 10, 2014