- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Vikings and Redskins reach out to 49ers Roman
- Updated: January 6, 2014
Coaches whose teams played in the Wild Card round of the playoffs are now eligible to be interviewed by other clubs for head coaching vacancies and San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is drawing some interest.
The Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings have reached out to Roman and it’s possible there could be interviews set up with both of those teams. Roman could not actually be hired until after the 49ers have finished their season and may decide to wait until then before interviewing.
Roman has been part of Jim Harbaugh‘s staff since his Stanford days and has helped revitalize the career of Alex Smith, as well as mold Colin Kaepernick. While he is regarded as one of the bright coaching minds in the NFL, the 49ers did struggle at times this year on offense, finishing 30th in the NFL in total passing yards.
Photo: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 13 Primer: High stakes in latest installment of NFL’s best rivalry - November 26, 2014
- 49ers Week 12 Primer: Will the offense wake up? - November 21, 2014
- 49ers Week 11 primer: The return of Aldon Smith - November 14, 2014