- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Lakers news: Pau Gasol will not play in Friday’s game
- Updated: December 27, 2013
Gasol, who is officially listed as day-to-day, had missed last Saturday’s game against the Golden State Warriors because of the illness and had played the last two games against the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday and the Miami Heat on Christmas day. The 33-year-old had not shown signs that his health had been bothering him as he averaged 11.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in both games this week.
The news had not come as much of a surprise after Thursday’s practice as it was revealed that he did not participate as he had visited ear, nose and throat specialist Dr. John J. Rehm.
“Like anything else, you’re not 100 percent physically and you’re going to have shorter times of energy and stuff like that,” Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said when asked about Gasol. “He’ll get over it. He’ll be fine.”
The three-time All-Star has struggled with his health this season that include several bouts with respiratory problems, a strain muscle in his left foot and a mild right ankle sprain. This in turn may have effected his play on the court this season as he is averaging a career-low in field goal percentage at .446, and his second lowest points per game average at 14.7.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Jeanie Buss sticks up for Kobe Bryant - October 24, 2014
- Lakers G Steve Nash to miss 2014-15 season - October 23, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 114-108 loss to Suns - October 22, 2014