- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
Lakers news: Pau Gasol will not play in Friday’s game
- Updated: December 27, 2013
Gasol, who is officially listed as day-to-day, had missed last Saturday’s game against the Golden State Warriors because of the illness and had played the last two games against the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday and the Miami Heat on Christmas day. The 33-year-old had not shown signs that his health had been bothering him as he averaged 11.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in both games this week.
The news had not come as much of a surprise after Thursday’s practice as it was revealed that he did not participate as he had visited ear, nose and throat specialist Dr. John J. Rehm.
“Like anything else, you’re not 100 percent physically and you’re going to have shorter times of energy and stuff like that,” Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said when asked about Gasol. “He’ll get over it. He’ll be fine.”
The three-time All-Star has struggled with his health this season that include several bouts with respiratory problems, a strain muscle in his left foot and a mild right ankle sprain. This in turn may have effected his play on the court this season as he is averaging a career-low in field goal percentage at .446, and his second lowest points per game average at 14.7.
Photo Credit: USATSI
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 38: UCLA Climbs into top 10, Dodgers win NL West - September 29, 2014
- Kobe Bryant set to enter an intriguing 2014-15 season - September 28, 2014
- Lakers sign Ronnie Price - September 24, 2014