- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Los Angeles Lakers vs Sacramento Kings: AccuScore game preview
- Updated: December 6, 2013
AccuScore has the Sacramento Kings as solid 68.4 percent favorites to win as they get set to host the Los Angeles Lakers Friday night in Sacramento. The average score after 10,000 simulations is 107-102, with the Kings having a 54.7 percent chance of covering the -4 spread. Given that both the Kings and Lakers are in the bottom third of the league in opponent points per game, it’s understandable why there’s a 61 percent chance the total score goes over 202.
Pau Gasol: 17 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks
Nick Young: 15 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Steve Blake: 12 points, 8 assists, 1 steal
DeMarcus Cousins: 21 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block
Isaiah Thomas: 15 points, 5 assists, 1 steal
Ben McLemore: 11 points, 4 rebounds
What to Watch For
The Lakers are averaging three fewer assists per game on the road this season than at home (25 vs 22). They are projected to get just 21 Friday night at Sacramento.
AccuScore data suggests a Sacramento victory and fairly easy one at that. I, on the other hand, expect the long rest to benefit the Lakers’ running game – Lakers by 4, 103-99.
Photo Credit: Getty Images via NBC Sports
All projection data provided by AccuScore.