- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The video, which is over two minutes in length, goes through a progression of weather that signifies Bryant’s journey through adversity, triumph and hardship. At the very end, there’s a subtle but definitive reference to his return date. In white letters on a black backdrop, the words “December 8” grace the screen.
That means that Bryant’s rehabilitation, ramped up activity and strong week of practice will finally come to fruition over the weekend on the Lakers’ home floor. They’ll next face the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday at Staples Center before going on a four-game road trip that will include a marquee game against the Oklahoma City Thunder on ESPN.
The biggest questions will be what kind of effect Bryant will have on the team dynamic when he comes in and what kind of player he’ll be upon his return. He’s almost certain to lose some of his explosiveness, but he’s proven to be a master at making adjustments and will be a difference-maker from the onset.
Nevetheless, the Lakers and the NBA have waited all season for Dec. 8, and what would have been an otherwise uneventful game now receives top billing.
Photo Credit | Gary A. Vasquez / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015