- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The video, which is over two minutes in length, goes through a progression of weather that signifies Bryant’s journey through adversity, triumph and hardship. At the very end, there’s a subtle but definitive reference to his return date. In white letters on a black backdrop, the words “December 8″ grace the screen.
That means that Bryant’s rehabilitation, ramped up activity and strong week of practice will finally come to fruition over the weekend on the Lakers’ home floor. They’ll next face the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday at Staples Center before going on a four-game road trip that will include a marquee game against the Oklahoma City Thunder on ESPN.
The biggest questions will be what kind of effect Bryant will have on the team dynamic when he comes in and what kind of player he’ll be upon his return. He’s almost certain to lose some of his explosiveness, but he’s proven to be a master at making adjustments and will be a difference-maker from the onset.
Nevetheless, the Lakers and the NBA have waited all season for Dec. 8, and what would have been an otherwise uneventful game now receives top billing.
Photo Credit | Gary A. Vasquez / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014