- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The video, which is over two minutes in length, goes through a progression of weather that signifies Bryant’s journey through adversity, triumph and hardship. At the very end, there’s a subtle but definitive reference to his return date. In white letters on a black backdrop, the words “December 8″ grace the screen.
That means that Bryant’s rehabilitation, ramped up activity and strong week of practice will finally come to fruition over the weekend on the Lakers’ home floor. They’ll next face the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday at Staples Center before going on a four-game road trip that will include a marquee game against the Oklahoma City Thunder on ESPN.
The biggest questions will be what kind of effect Bryant will have on the team dynamic when he comes in and what kind of player he’ll be upon his return. He’s almost certain to lose some of his explosiveness, but he’s proven to be a master at making adjustments and will be a difference-maker from the onset.
Nevetheless, the Lakers and the NBA have waited all season for Dec. 8, and what would have been an otherwise uneventful game now receives top billing.
Photo Credit | Gary A. Vasquez / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015