- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Updated: December 3, 2013
The 27-year-old played just 56 seconds before suffering the injury on Sunday in the first quarter in the Lakers’ 114-108 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.
“When he ran down the floor he said that he strained his hamstring,” head coach Mike D’Antoni said following Sunday’s game. “I don’t know how bad or what it will be (but) we’ll find out in the next couple of days. He just took off running and turned around (to me) and said ‘take me out.’”
Through 18 games this season, Farmar is averaging 9.2 points and 4.4 assists in 18.9 minutes per game, but his impact goes behind that as he orchestrates the league’s highest scoring bench at 47.7 points per contest. The seven-year veteran has reached double digit scoring outputs in seven games this season and also has seven games of at least five assists.
With Farmar now out at least a month and Steve Nash still recovering from the nerve root irritation in his back, it leaves the Lakers with Steve Blake as the lone healthy point guard on the roster. This may force Los Angeles to play one of their shooting guards at the point guard such as Xavier Henry, who played most of the fourth quarter on Sunday at the position, or look for another option through free agency as the team has one open roster spot.
Also in other Lakers’ injury news, Pau Gasol underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed a mild sprain to his right ankle.
Photo Credit: Lakers.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott the right choice as Lakers next head coach - July 27, 2014
- Carlos Boozer says Kobe Bryant told him to ‘come ready’ - July 26, 2014
- Jeremy Lin aiming to create a new legacy with Lakers - July 24, 2014