- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Updated: December 3, 2013
The 27-year-old played just 56 seconds before suffering the injury on Sunday in the first quarter in the Lakers’ 114-108 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.
“When he ran down the floor he said that he strained his hamstring,” head coach Mike D’Antoni said following Sunday’s game. “I don’t know how bad or what it will be (but) we’ll find out in the next couple of days. He just took off running and turned around (to me) and said ‘take me out.’”
Through 18 games this season, Farmar is averaging 9.2 points and 4.4 assists in 18.9 minutes per game, but his impact goes behind that as he orchestrates the league’s highest scoring bench at 47.7 points per contest. The seven-year veteran has reached double digit scoring outputs in seven games this season and also has seven games of at least five assists.
With Farmar now out at least a month and Steve Nash still recovering from the nerve root irritation in his back, it leaves the Lakers with Steve Blake as the lone healthy point guard on the roster. This may force Los Angeles to play one of their shooting guards at the point guard such as Xavier Henry, who played most of the fourth quarter on Sunday at the position, or look for another option through free agency as the team has one open roster spot.
Also in other Lakers’ injury news, Pau Gasol underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed a mild sprain to his right ankle.
Photo Credit: Lakers.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 16: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has surgery, Raiders sign Michael Crabtree - April 20, 2015
- Lakers set to embarking on crucial offseason - April 19, 2015
- Lakers’ 2014-15 season exit interviews - April 16, 2015