- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
Lakers news: Team waives Elias Harris
- Updated: November 29, 2013
The 24-yeard signed with Los Angeles this past offseason under a partially guaranteed deal that earned $100,000 for making the opening day roster. Harris had played well with the Lakers’ summer league team as he played in all five games averaging 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes per game.
This season, the former Gonzaga Bulldog had appeared in two games for the Lakers accumulating one rebound, one assist and one steal in 11 minutes played. Harris had not traveled with the team on their current three-game road trip, as he was instead assigned to organization’s D-League affiliate, Los Angeles Defenders.
In his one game for the Defenders, Harris scored 18 points with two rebounds, and two assists in 28 minutes. The Lakers roster now stands at 14 players.
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Jeremy Lin aiming to create a new legacy with Lakers - July 24, 2014
- Blazers news: Rip City jerseys will have sleeves in 2014-15 - July 24, 2014
- Blazers news: Thomas Robinson has thumb surgery - July 23, 2014