- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Lakers news: Team waives Elias Harris
- Updated: November 29, 2013
The 24-yeard signed with Los Angeles this past offseason under a partially guaranteed deal that earned $100,000 for making the opening day roster. Harris had played well with the Lakers’ summer league team as he played in all five games averaging 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes per game.
This season, the former Gonzaga Bulldog had appeared in two games for the Lakers accumulating one rebound, one assist and one steal in 11 minutes played. Harris had not traveled with the team on their current three-game road trip, as he was instead assigned to organization’s D-League affiliate, Los Angeles Defenders.
In his one game for the Defenders, Harris scored 18 points with two rebounds, and two assists in 28 minutes. The Lakers roster now stands at 14 players.
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press