- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Lakers news: Team waives Elias Harris
- Updated: November 29, 2013
The 24-yeard signed with Los Angeles this past offseason under a partially guaranteed deal that earned $100,000 for making the opening day roster. Harris had played well with the Lakers’ summer league team as he played in all five games averaging 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes per game.
This season, the former Gonzaga Bulldog had appeared in two games for the Lakers accumulating one rebound, one assist and one steal in 11 minutes played. Harris had not traveled with the team on their current three-game road trip, as he was instead assigned to organization’s D-League affiliate, Los Angeles Defenders.
In his one game for the Defenders, Harris scored 18 points with two rebounds, and two assists in 28 minutes. The Lakers roster now stands at 14 players.
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 99-93 loss to Grizzlies - November 27, 2014
- Lakers nearing a one-year deal with forward Earl Clark - November 26, 2014
- Xavier Henry injury: Lakers forward out for season with torn Achilles - November 26, 2014