- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Lakers news: Team waives Elias Harris
- Updated: November 29, 2013
The 24-yeard signed with Los Angeles this past offseason under a partially guaranteed deal that earned $100,000 for making the opening day roster. Harris had played well with the Lakers’ summer league team as he played in all five games averaging 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes per game.
This season, the former Gonzaga Bulldog had appeared in two games for the Lakers accumulating one rebound, one assist and one steal in 11 minutes played. Harris had not traveled with the team on their current three-game road trip, as he was instead assigned to organization’s D-League affiliate, Los Angeles Defenders.
In his one game for the Defenders, Harris scored 18 points with two rebounds, and two assists in 28 minutes. The Lakers roster now stands at 14 players.
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 9: UCLA adds Tom Bradley as new DC, Inglewood passes NFL stadium initiative - March 2, 2015
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015