- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Lakers news: Team waives Elias Harris
- Updated: November 29, 2013
The 24-yeard signed with Los Angeles this past offseason under a partially guaranteed deal that earned $100,000 for making the opening day roster. Harris had played well with the Lakers’ summer league team as he played in all five games averaging 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes per game.
This season, the former Gonzaga Bulldog had appeared in two games for the Lakers accumulating one rebound, one assist and one steal in 11 minutes played. Harris had not traveled with the team on their current three-game road trip, as he was instead assigned to organization’s D-League affiliate, Los Angeles Defenders.
In his one game for the Defenders, Harris scored 18 points with two rebounds, and two assists in 28 minutes. The Lakers roster now stands at 14 players.
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 4: Kobe Bryant expected to miss rest of season, Team Irvin wins Pro Bowl - January 26, 2015
- 5 things we learned Lakers’ 99-87 loss to Rockets - January 26, 2015
- Kobe Bryant’s health will dictate how he ends his career - January 25, 2015