- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Denarius Moore injury: Raiders WR misses practice, day-to-day vs. Titans
- Updated: November 21, 2013
Oakland Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore is still dealing with a shoulder injury suffered in Week 11 and missed Wednesday’s practice in preparation for the Week 12 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury occurred when Moore extended to make a difficult catch against the Houston Texans. Though he remained in the game, the injury was significant enough to to raise concern. Head coach Dennis Allen called his No. 1 receiver day-to-day and said that the injury could linger for the remainder of the season.
How Moore responds to treatment and tolerates the pain will determine how quickly and for how long he returns to the field. The 2011 fifth round pick out of Tennessee leads the team with 569 yards receiving and five touchdowns, and given the Raiders’ lack of depth at wide receiver, a long-term absence will prove to be a major problem moving forward.
As it stands, Andre Holmes will likely fill in opposite Rod Streater in two-wide sets. The Raiders announced on Wednesday that Matt McGloin will draw the start vs. the Titans in relief of the injured Terrelle Pryor.
Photo Credit: Steve Mitchell/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015