- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Denarius Moore injury: Raiders WR misses practice, day-to-day vs. Titans
- Updated: November 21, 2013
Oakland Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore is still dealing with a shoulder injury suffered in Week 11 and missed Wednesday’s practice in preparation for the Week 12 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury occurred when Moore extended to make a difficult catch against the Houston Texans. Though he remained in the game, the injury was significant enough to to raise concern. Head coach Dennis Allen called his No. 1 receiver day-to-day and said that the injury could linger for the remainder of the season.
How Moore responds to treatment and tolerates the pain will determine how quickly and for how long he returns to the field. The 2011 fifth round pick out of Tennessee leads the team with 569 yards receiving and five touchdowns, and given the Raiders’ lack of depth at wide receiver, a long-term absence will prove to be a major problem moving forward.
As it stands, Andre Holmes will likely fill in opposite Rod Streater in two-wide sets. The Raiders announced on Wednesday that Matt McGloin will draw the start vs. the Titans in relief of the injured Terrelle Pryor.
Photo Credit: Steve Mitchell/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015