- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Denarius Moore injury: Raiders WR misses practice, day-to-day vs. Titans
- Updated: November 21, 2013
Oakland Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore is still dealing with a shoulder injury suffered in Week 11 and missed Wednesday’s practice in preparation for the Week 12 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury occurred when Moore extended to make a difficult catch against the Houston Texans. Though he remained in the game, the injury was significant enough to to raise concern. Head coach Dennis Allen called his No. 1 receiver day-to-day and said that the injury could linger for the remainder of the season.
How Moore responds to treatment and tolerates the pain will determine how quickly and for how long he returns to the field. The 2011 fifth round pick out of Tennessee leads the team with 569 yards receiving and five touchdowns, and given the Raiders’ lack of depth at wide receiver, a long-term absence will prove to be a major problem moving forward.
As it stands, Andre Holmes will likely fill in opposite Rod Streater in two-wide sets. The Raiders announced on Wednesday that Matt McGloin will draw the start vs. the Titans in relief of the injured Terrelle Pryor.
Photo Credit: Steve Mitchell/USA TODAY Sports