- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Denarius Moore injury: Raiders WR misses practice, day-to-day vs. Titans
- Updated: November 21, 2013
Oakland Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore is still dealing with a shoulder injury suffered in Week 11 and missed Wednesday’s practice in preparation for the Week 12 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury occurred when Moore extended to make a difficult catch against the Houston Texans. Though he remained in the game, the injury was significant enough to to raise concern. Head coach Dennis Allen called his No. 1 receiver day-to-day and said that the injury could linger for the remainder of the season.
How Moore responds to treatment and tolerates the pain will determine how quickly and for how long he returns to the field. The 2011 fifth round pick out of Tennessee leads the team with 569 yards receiving and five touchdowns, and given the Raiders’ lack of depth at wide receiver, a long-term absence will prove to be a major problem moving forward.
As it stands, Andre Holmes will likely fill in opposite Rod Streater in two-wide sets. The Raiders announced on Wednesday that Matt McGloin will draw the start vs. the Titans in relief of the injured Terrelle Pryor.
Photo Credit: Steve Mitchell/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014